7. Married Life & Drama

The months of winter were passing by fast. It did not even feel like a month had passed to the weddings. Amal and Faheel were living their best life. With a cooperative relationship they seemed to not fight much. Yet Akbar and Amna could not say the same.

Akbar who had fallen in love with Amna before marriage thought everything would be like a dream. Everyday would be picture perfect. Yet everything seemed to be going downhill.

It was a February day. The chill of the wind could be felt eventhough the heaters worked constantly. Everyone was asleep in their duvets, in a cocoon of warmth. In bubbles that kept trouble away. The sunlight was dimmed due to the dark clouds that day. Everything was eerie. Clouds rumbled while the trees moved violently against the harsh wind currents. Thunder shone on the horizon constantly. All these factors seemed to have taken away the bright light. As even at 9am it seemed to be night.

Akbar had gotten up an hour ago. Taking a swift shower under the hot water that melted away the tiredness of his muscles as it cascaded down his back. Rubbing soap on his body furiously he tried to rid himself of all frustration. Marriage was clearly not all they made it seem to be. The daily shouts and fights were something he always wanted to ignore. Which in turn led to him returing late in night with his troubled mother sitting on the sofa. These days sleep had escaped. He was always stressed and tired. Work was not easy and to have someone constantly nag him did little to ease his worries. Sometimes it was about not taking his wife to shopping unlike Faheel - who was yet join the family business and had ample time- or he did not give her enough money to spend like he did with Mahrukh eventhough Amna, his wife, was given ten times more than his sister. Or how he never took her out for dinner or to see a movie.

Stepping out of the shower he grabbed his white button down shirt and tucked it into his black formal trouser. Wrapping a wristwatch around his wrist and rubbing cologne on his neck he grabbed his office bag. Seeing Amna asleep till now he huffed. He wanted to have a wife who like his mother would escort him to the door and wish him a good day urging to return early. Not wanting to be labelled tyrant of a husband he kissed Amna's forehead rather than waking her up and rushed out of his room to have breakfast.

The dinning room was fill with family members. Each and everyone was eating so that they could head out to their offices. Zain his elder brother by 5 minutes had already left. God knows how his wife would handle him. The thought of Zain being scolded caused Akbar to chuckle. The whole room turned around and looked at him as if he had lost it.

"Akbar bhai aap pagal ho gaye hain?"
(Akbar brother have you gone mad?)
Mahrukh asked with a hint of laughter in his voice.
"Hmmm.... tumhari dost ka asar hai,"
(It is the effect of your friend)
Akbar retorted.
"Ab kahan mujhse baat kartein hai,"
(Now she does not talk to me)
she huffed before poking her mother's arm to feed her.
"Chachi.. ab is keh liye bhi koi dhund lein"
(Aunt now find someone for her aswell)
Akbar said in order to piss Mahrukh off who hated the idea of leaving her family. Before she could reply his mother decided to step in
"Stop bullying my child. Har waqt peechay paday rehtay ho. I will find someone for her who will willingly live with us,"
(All the time you are after her)
after that the table was silent and everyone ignored the mischeif in Aliya's eyes.

"Akbar bhai please drop me at the bookshop please".
Mahrukh pleaded.
"Han alright come on I am working till 5 I'll pick you then?"
"Yea. Then we can have ice cream" Mahrukh shouted in glee. Zainab who had been hearing all this rolled her eyes
"Biwi kou tou kahin leh kar nahi gaya kahin,"
(Haven't taken his wife anywhere till now)
Akbar immediately fumed and grabbed Mahrukh's hand dragging her out. He all but threw her on the car seat and sat in the driver seat huffing in anger.