23. Monday Blues & Counting Blessings

This chapter is for my friend sweetmomo2002 because we fight all the time but our bond is still as strong as ever ♥️

The incident that happened on the past Friday had shook the core of the house. No one had expected that Laraib and Fahad would succumb to something so low. They had always taught their children to tell them when they liked someone so all of them were baffled as to why the kids would take such a rash step. The weekend had been full of tension. No one had talked freely. Today, being a Monday, the men were at home as they felt that they needed more time to wrap their head around what had happened.

Aliya was worried for her children. Laraib had committed zina (Fornication) and still had little to no guilt about it. For Aliya it was not about the family's reputation in the society. For her it was the betrayal of her daughter that had pierced through her heart with a poisoned dagger. Was she not a good mother? Then Akbar. His wife was it her parents home, and he refused to bring her back until did not ask for forgiveness. Her son would not let go of the topic no matter how many times she tried to coax him. When she would ask Mahrukh to talk to Akbar she would reply in a kind tone
"Sorry mama. Zain has forbid me from coming in between the two".
And Aliya knew how Mahrukh would never go against Zain. The only reason there was some peace in her life was thanks to Zain and Mahrukh living a happy life.

"Akram you are a father. If you ask Akbar to bring back Amna he will. Your words matter a lot to him," Aliya plead. Akram sighed and removed his round spectacles, keeping them to one side.
"As you wish Aliya. But I will not force Akbar to take any step," Aliya nodded knowing that even this much was enough for her.

Akram took heavy steps to Akbar's room and knocked the heavy mahogany door. The recently oiled door, opened smoothly without a single noise. Akbar was surprised to see his father.
"Abu come in," opening the door wider he said. Akram looked around the room. It was clean but the things of Aliya that sat on top of the dresser to him were a clear indicator that he missied Amna. Akram sat on the plush ottoman, pointing to the free space next to him.
"Listen Akbar. You are my son. I will stand with whatever you want do. But it seems that you are confused about what you want yourself".
Akbar looked at his father with red rimmed eyes.
"You are right. I want to forgive her. I want to live a peaceful life like Zain and Mahrukh. But maybe that is not what is destined for me,"
Akrams heart sank seeing his son so upset. Placing both of his hands on his shoulders Akram began to speak
"Listen Akbar. Everyone has ups and downs. If your heart desires to live with Amna, then bring her back. Spend time with her. Clear out your misunderstandings. Your mother is taking a lot of tension becasue of this and to add Laraib to all this. Hmph. Please son do what you want but fast." Akbar assured his father that he would go and get Amna in the evening.

Walking inside the large kitchen, Mahrukh was met with the sight of her uncle and aunt having a romantic scene. She coughed lightly breaking the two apart.
"Mahrukh when did you come?"
Akram asked seeing as Aliya was way to flustered to form a reply.
"When you two were having a romantic moment,"
her words caused Aliya's cheeks to be coated with a deep blush.
"So who says only you and Zain have the right to be romantic any and everywhere?"
Came Akbar's voice from behind them. Now it was as if the roles were reversed. Aliya was laughing and
Mahrukh blushing.

Aliya walked upto Akbar and kissed his cheeks, her eyes filled to the brim with tears and motherly love
"Son you have made me very proud today".
Zain who had witnessed the entire show thought it was a wonderful time to end the emotional meetings.
"Ever since I have gotten married. Mama it seems you and Abu have forgotten me".
Zain's loud voice resonated through the kicthen. Aliya smiled at him  and looked at her daughter in law and said
"Nothing like that. Infact it is you who has forgotten us ever since we brought your biwi".
(Wife)
Mahrukh looked at Aliya with wide eyes and words of protest left her mouth as she left.