24. Phopho & Tayimama

Mahrukh like everyother day woke uo early. She went outside of her room only to hear a huge commotion. She could make out the voices of Zainab and Aliya. And with the way that they were shouting, it was clear to her that a fight was going on. Rushing in her bedroom she woke Zain up.
"Zain wake up. Mama and Zainab phopho are having a fight I think. They are both shouting".
Zain woke up and sighed. Nodding his head he said
"You go and see. I will be down". Mahrukh nodded and rushed downstairs to see what the matter was all about.

"I WILL NOT MARRY LARAIB TO FAHAD!"
Aliya shouted. She had not forgotten how Zainab had insulted her and Laraib a few days ago.
"IF FAHAD WONT MARRY HER THEN NO ONE ELSE WILL. NO OME WANTS A GIRL WHO KISSES UNKOWN MEN OUTSIDE A MALL!"
The words a direct hit to her heart. Aliya felt her knees get weak and would have fallen down if Mahrukh had not held her.
"Mama," Mahrukh gasped.
Aliya held herself up with the support of Mahrukh and looked at Zainab with posinous eyes.
"NO ONE WILL GIVE THEIR DAUGHTER A MAN WHO MAKES OUT WITH UNKOWN WOMEN EITHER!"
Aliya gritted her teeth. Her words struck a nerve of Zainab. She walked forward and was about to slap Aliya when Zain came and grabbed her hand. His eyes were furiously red.
"No more. Phopho. Hit my mother once and I will see to it that you are out of this house!"
Zainab not letting any chance go to abuse Mahrukh spoke
"Of course you will say such things now that your wife is the owner!"
That was the last straw for Mahrukh.
"You're wrong. He does not need me to kick you out. All of us are tired of you fighting all day long. WHAT DO YOU WANT!"
Zain stood tall with pride. His wife knew that he was not a person to take advantage of connections.

"Stop all of this. Its morning. Have your breakfast then discuss it with ease". Ajmal being the eldest said with authority. He was a stern man who remained silent and at the side lines until things began to get out of control. Only then would he take some sort of action. And so for him to speak at sich a time showed the gravity of the situation.

At the table, tensions were at an all time high. Most if not all of them were playing with their food. Mahrukh was worried for Aliya. She had never seen her so furious and she wanted to do something for her. Laraib had done wrong with everyone. She and Fahad had destroyed everything. The facade of relations had finally fallen. Zainab who thought of Hooriya as her best friend, was left alone. Hooriya looked at her with a taunting smile and tortured Amal by claiming that her brother was a man-whore.

After breakfast, Mahrukh went inside her and Zain's bedroom. She wanted no needed to talk to him about this situation. It was not something they could go around. And Laraib was her cousin as well. She wanted to speak and advocate for her despite Laraib's unfair treatment towards her.
"Z-Zain I wanted to talk to you about something," Mahrukh spoke with hesitancy. Zain looked up from his laptop and looked at her for a second. After which he closed the lid of his laptop and gestured for her to continue.
"Laraib is your younger sister. I know what she did is wrong. But maybe if her happiness is with Fahad we should all think about it," Zain looked at her. Not knowing how to speak his mind without hurting her.
"Mahrukh. I do not know how to express how I feel. I agree with you a hundred percent. And mama does to. The only reason she is not letting the two get married is because when she first gave this idea, Zainab phopho slut shamed Laraib. Mama is just protecting her". Zain tried to make her understand. She nodded her head and opened her mouth to say something when her sentence was cut short.

"Well tell her to stop protecting me! I want to marry Fahad and I will marry him no matter what you say. If mama will stop me then I will elope with him". Zain who had been controlling himself till now decided it was enough. He looked at her with venomous eyes.
"Laraib. Get. Out. Of. My. Room." But Laraib was not ready to back out.
"NO! You will go to mama with your precious little wife and talk to her about my marriage to Fahad do you get me," the rage inside her voice scared Mahrukh as she took two steps backwards. The look fright that crossed her face, soon disappeared but Zain had noticed it.
"Laraib now is not the time. When everyone is talking about this in the evening then present your opinions and we shall see".