Prologue: Leaving you

This was never easy for me.

I have to leave him.

We're supposed to be inseparable.

Why did they make me leave you?

Yukio POV.

They couldn't handle each other and decided to take a break. More or so a divorce. They decided that Miwa nee-san and Tobio would go with dad and I would go with mom.

I didn't like it.i absolutely hated it. I didn't want to be separated from my Otōto. I wanted to continue playing volleyball with him..... They didn't tell him yet. They told me that they would be the ones to tell him.......

"Yukio..... We're leaving now...." Okāsan stood their outside my door with a sorrowful expression. I nodded grimly and made my way down stairs. There I saw Miwa bawling her eyes out. I went to hug her which she returned and sobbed on my shoulder. "Kāsan....Otōsan....Where's Tobio?" I looked around for my younger brother. "Gomen Yukio... He said he had practice so he will be coming home late...." Otōsan said. My eyebrows furrowed and tears started to well up on my eyes. "I-I... I see..." He has been avoiding for the past few days, after my parents told him.

Flashback

"Tobio...." I murmured loud enough for him to hear but he just ignored me. I decided to leave him alone. I opened my room to see Okāsan sitting in my bed. 'I expected this...' I thought to myself. I sat right next to her. "Okāsan, why is Otōto mad at me?" I asked. She slightly rose her head to face me, an unreadable expression on her face."Yukio he is still young. Tobio just needs to process the information he was told..." I'm thirteen, he's only a year younger then me... I nodded in understanding.

Flashback end

I was upset. Really upset. I felt my face get wet from the tears I've shed. "P-please wait for a few minutes I need you to give something to Tobio." They nodded while I rummage through my bag for it. It was one of my over-sized hoodies, it seemed like he could wear it until he was 17 I guess... "Give this to him. Tell him goodbye and.. and I'm sorry for leaving you...." They stared at me and my tear stained face. And soon Miwa nee-san took the price of clothing and nodded grimly. I hugged them both one last time.

"Sayonara." Was the last words I uttered to the pair. Hoping that Tobio would understand soon.

I sat in the back of the car, staring blankly at the window. I saw a figure outside the window. My eyes widen a tad bit as more tears fall from my eyes.

Tobio POV

I had avoided Onii-chan for days now. I don't know why but I did. I love Yukio-nii very much so the thought of him leaving is painful.

Today they were leaving.... I had practice so I couldn't come home early. While I was waking home I saw a car pass by me but it wasn't the vehicle that caught my attention. He was crying.... His eyes wide and pleading. Tears falling down his cheeks. 'yukio....' I stood there wide eyed as the car disappeared from my sight. After a long silence I walked home.

"I'm home..." I said. I looked up from my feet to see Ne-chan crying, holding some fabric. "Yukio wanted me to give this to you.. he said he loved you and is sorry for leaving." She handed me the hoodie that Onii-chan left. It was black that faded to midnight blue on the bottom and on the end of the sleeves. It had the words 'Setter soul' on the front. This was his favorite hoodie. I nodded and walked up stair, letting my legs lead me to my room. But I arrived in his room.

It was empty. His desk, empty closet, and bed were the only things left. I went to his closet to check if he left anything. Once ai opened it I saw a book and a Volleyball inside. The book was an album filled with photos of us. I felt tears cascading down my cheeks as I flipped every page. The volleyball as I recognized was the one we frequently used to practice.

I lay down his bed while hugging both the book and ball. I was wearing the hoodie, it still had his scent on it. "Onii-chan... I love you... Please come back!" I sobbed the whole night.

ThiRd person POV

The black haired boy and his mother arrived to their new house, in a new neighborhood, and without his siblings. He stared at it blankly as his mother took some of the bags out the car. At the sight of her son she began to worry. "Yukio, let's go in. We'll start unpacking tomorrow, so you'll be sleeping in my room." He nod his head but his blank gaze did not falter. Both walked in the house and sat down the bags and boxes in the empty living room.

A sigh escaped his lips 'It won't be the same...'