Chapter 29

The team were currently discussing their upcoming match against Date tech (Dateko). They had played them before, but not in the Interhigh tournament, since Karasuno had won against them.

"So about their iron wall, well blocks..... Does anyone have anyone have a proper explanation how we break them?" Oikawa asked his team for suggestions. He looked at Yukio who had his eyes closed and a hand under his chin.

' Rintarō and Hirugami from Kamomedai..... Oh f*ck....'

"I'm screwed...." Yukio's face scrunched up, as he murmured defeat. Kyōtani snapped his head with inhuman speed and instinctively grabbed the ravenette's shoulders.

"What do you mean your screwed?!" He yelled catching the attention of the team. He was violently shaking the fox, but said fox had a tired expression.

"Why are middle blockers soooo annoying... Especially ones who read block!" He groaned, contenting himself to lying on the cold wooden floor.

"Ano... What the hell are you talking about?" Oikawa asked, with an offended Kindaichi and Matsukawa behind him nodding.

"I'm not perfect and dumb sh*t like that. But read blockers are extremely annoying for me! When I first went up against one, I had to come up with more advanced tactics and it was a pain in the ass to do so!" He groaned, glaring at the floor, while his cheek was pressed against it.

"The way you want to break their blocks, is powerful spikes, perfect timing, decoys and a lot of convincing Feints. Make sure to perfectly bait them cause unlike Tendou, they have a better chance at succeeding." He murmured, then sat up while he rubbed this head. Drawing his hands back and lifting up his chest, he stood up by throwing his raised feet to the ground bringing his body up.

"Decoys, and feints... I think we've got that covered now we need a plan."

"Sub me out for Kunimi on the second set.." Yukio said bluntly making said boys eyes widen.

"Reason?" Their coach asked.

"He's adapted to aerial battle and can exert enough energy on the second set. As I said before his lack of effort allows him to conserve more energy then us, so if you sub me out you can put in an energized Spiker that can hit hard spikes. Not to mention he has reasonable and terrific tactics and game sense too..." Yukio explained, his face still blank whilst his Kōhai was blushing from the praise.

"That's very reasonable. If stoic-chan is put into the second set he has enough energy to make a powerful spike, having a significant chance at breaking the iron wall. But subbing Haru-chan out also costs us our perfect decoy. It's worth the risk, I guess." Oikawa smiled.

Kunimi felt heat rush up his cheeks unable to produce words of denial. He couldn't refuse the chance to play. He wanted to have fun and win, just like his senpai said. And now his senpai was giving him that chance by stepping down to let him play.

"Now that's settled, Akira come practice with me again." Yukio gestured for the boy to follow him and both started to practice.

"He really is Captain material..." Oikawa smirked, seeing his oh so precious Kōhai help him lead the team.

"Seems like we've found our next Captain, huh?" Iwaizumi stated,

"Why do I have the feeling that next year, most of the team will be a scheming bunch?" Hanamaki asked while he sweat dropped.

"Yeah, that's understandable... I actually think Haruki is gonna be like... The next grand king?" Matsukawa hummed, grinning goofily.