Chapter 21: The swans vs. The blue castle

« First set »

As the ball was slammed down by the block Tendou enforced for Iwaizumi's spike, Shiratorizawa was still shocked with the impeccable receive by Seijoh's no. 13.

"He received it..." Shirabu mumbled in disbelief as he stared at the ravenette.

Hanamaki served the ball to be swiftly received by Shirstorizawa's libero and passed it to Shirabu. Shirabu tossed the ball to be spiked by Ushijima once more, with Matsukawa and Kindaichi blocking it. The block was unsuccessful as Ushijima broke through it.

The game was intense, as the tension kept rising. Yukio had been continuously analyzing Shiratorizawa through out the game without their knowledge.

'Tendou's blocks have gotten more accurate. Ushijima's spikes have become stronger but his receives aren't that impressive, just decent I guess. Shirabu, he's improved though he can be easily agitated and will recover fast enough... That bowl cut kid though.... Who the hell is he? Kenjiro doesn't seem to like him much...'

Luckily for Seijoh Tendou's spikes weren't that hard. The others were surprised to see Oikawa set right of the bat as Yukio ran for it. As he predicted Tendou was already in front of him, making the ravenette smirk. Instead of Spiking it he set the ball to the opposite side of the court, where Iwaizumi was already there to spike it. He spiked it at the very edge of the court, but it still got Seijoh a point. Tendou stared at him in shock while Yukio averted my gaze away from him.

"Tendou only has 2 options for Guess blocking right? Unfortunately their nearly always accurate." Iwaizumi sighed getting irritated with the red head.

"Yeah he's one of the biggest problems when scoring..." Matsukawa said grimacing at the memory of his team continuously getting blocked by said red head.

"Well let's be glad we've got Haru-chan on our side!" Oikawa exclaimed and all of Seijoh looked at him confused.

"I mean yeah, having Haruki as a player gives us an advantage because he's played with them before." Matsukawa stated shrugging.

"No, No! Not that!!" Oikawa exclaimed and the others got more confused. He sighed and smirked at them.

"From what we know Tendou only has two options. Be 100% correct or 0%!" He said and they all nodded. "Well if Shiratorizawa has the Guess monster then we have the Kitsune King! Volleyballs king of deception!" He yelled and gestured to said fox.

Their eyes widened in realization and stared at the two kings. "Yukio's his natural enemy...." Yahaba muttered and stared at the boy. Yukio had a calm expression with his eyes closed. He suddenly snapped his fingers and smirked.

"I got it. I know how to mislead Tendou!" He exclaimed grinning Mischievously.

Yukio was given their full attention as he started to explain his plan. "Tendou will go to any spiker he predicts will go for the ball, but what if instead of Spiking the ball you do something else?" He asked and they looked at him curiously.

"Look at it this way. If for example the ball was tossed to someone who has a weaker spike then Ushijima, we won't block it. They'll end up pulling a feint or a softer Spike. Oikawa can then be the one to touch it first. When the ball is tossed instead of Spiking it we'll toss it to another spiker. Understand?" He explained and their eyes widened.