Chapter 26: Kenjirō hangs out with the fox

"Kenjirō, I'm begging you."

Right now our dear protagonist is asking his rival? Maybe... To accompany him on buying some anime merch.

"Why can't you just ask Kawanishi. Or better yet your teammates." Shirabu retorted over the phone, tone making his annoyance evident.

"I'd rather not let more of my teammates suspect my Anime obsession...." Yukio grumbled, embarrassed of revealing his otaku secret.

"Seriously? When you were still in Shiratorizawa, I heard you were an open Otaku." Shirabu stated, a sense of confusion and curiosity erupting within him.

"That's cause I had Salami-senpai to rant with." Yukio argued to his copper haired friend. Sighing, he started to kick his legs that dangled from his bed.

"What do I even get from this? I'd rather be of studying." He retorted. Yukio groaned to his answer and pouted.

"Fucking, workaholic... Damnit just take a break for once. Hell I'll even help you study if you need it." Yukio insisted, growing annoyed to the continuous denies.

Shirabu went silent, biting his lip till it bled a bit. He contemplated on his decision as well as his almost rivals behavior.

'He has never been so insistent.... Well.... His easily understood notes would be useful... And I do need a break for once...' He thought, unknowing of the blush forming on his face.

"F-Fine...." He stuttered out. 'I can literally feel him smirk.' he thought and indeed the ravenette was smirking.

"Splendid.... Bring a hoodie and cap... A mask too." He requested and ended the call seconds later. Shirabu got confused to why his friend requested such shady belongings.

"Ok? Seems like I have to bring some sort of disguise... Guessing it's for his otaku-ness..." Shirabu sighed and started to get dressed.

"Oya... I actually got that study maniac to go with me.." Yukio said blankly and wore a red hoodie while grabbing a black mask.

His sing from his phone was heard and he glanced at it.

Yahaba Shigeru
Yukio, do you want to hangout?

The simple question made Yukio sigh and look guiltily at the text. Carefully choosing his words, he declined the offer.

Haruki Yukio
Sumimasen Shigeru. I have plans today, maybe next time?

Keeping his phone within his pocket Yukio quickly grabbed his wallet and walked out his house. He walked to the meet up point in while he hummed his favorite song. He caught sight of his brother with his friends, to which caught his attention. Tobio saw his brothers familiar figure and nodded at him.

"Oi, BakaYuki..." Shirabu greeted a sleepy looking Yukio, who was leaning on a building wall.

"Ara? You actually did what I said. What a surprise." Yukio said bluntly making Shirabu grunt in annoyance.

Shirabu was currently wearing a white and dark magenta hoodie and a black shirt with a white mask in hand. A heavy looking bag was slung over his shoulders, seemingly a laptop or some books within it.

"Mhm... I suspect this is so your friends won't see you?" He asked and only received a nod.

"Well, you can buy anything you need as well.... Lemme guess... You filled another notebook, and need some other books for classes?" Yukio asked the boy and Shirabu flinched.