Chapter 30: Aoba Johsai vs. Date tech

« First set »

Aoba Johsai      ||      Date tech

20              ||          17

It was finally up for Yukio's serve, and the team noticed a mischivious glint in his eyes. He was smirking to himself more, and the team felt as if another person was on the court.

'Whats wrong with Haru-chan?' Oikawa sweat dropped and remembered the previous matches he watched with Yukio in Inarizaki.

He was more apt to taking risks, and more tactical. From the lazy fox they knew, Inarizaki witnessed a king of trickery. Now they were about to witness the true Kitsune King.

'So this is how the Kitsune actually plays....' Oikawa smirked.

Yukio bounced the ball, and Seijoh's cheer team silenced slowly, grinning at him. Date tech though, took this as a sign to get louder, and Seijoh glared at them.

'Silence..... Ignore it....' The Kitsune King thought to himself, as he closed his eyes and sucked in a breathe then exhaled.

His eyes shot open as he heard the whistle blow, and threw the ball into the air. He ran, then jumped up.

"Bring it!"

The ball zoomed to the other side of the net, and slammed down on the floor. None were able to receive it.

"Woah, he was able to that killer serve without silencing us!" One student said in awe.

Then suddenly, Seijoh's students got an idea and started to cheer.

"Go! Goooo, Yukio! Push 'em back, Yukio!" They cheered with wide grins, finally getting a chance to cheer for the infamous Kitsune.

Said boy turned his head to them, and smiled proudly.

"Kyaaa! Kitsune-sama!!~"

"Hey Oikawa, aren't those your fangirls?" Hanamaki pointed out, with a smirk.

Oikawa turned back and his jaw dropped. Indeed the girl cheering for the Kitsune were his fangirls.

"Hahahaha! They betrayed you for Haruki!" Matsukawa cackled, and Oikawa pouted.

Futakuchi subtly 'tsked' in frustration as his team barely received any of the Kitsune king's serves. The ones they did were weak floaters which he felt angered with.

Another serve was sent their way, and immediately date techs Libero dashed to it. He was able to receive it but his arms were slightly bruised.

'Thats your fault for receiving my serve.' Yukio smirked to himself.

The ball flew back to their side of their net, due to the near failed save.

"Chance ball!"

Watari was swapped out for Kindaichi, so it was Hanamaki who dug it up. He sent the ball to Oikawa who ran for it.

Oikawa made eye contact with their teams ace and nodded. The infamous super long set was performed, as Iwaizumi spiked the ball down, but was blocked by Aone and Futakuchi.