Chapter 46

Wanda's P.O.V:

Pietro flashed back to the house, and we quickly went inside. He set me down and ran upstairs, shot into the kitchen. I walked to the couch slowly and sat down. My mind was racing. We had exposed ourselves.

My hands went to my hair, and my breathing accelerated. Papa was going to be so mad. I felt like I was drowning, and I couldn't pull enough ugh air into my lungs. As my hands started to pull my hair, I felt two cold hands gently lift my face.

I look up to see Edward standing there, looking at me with concern. He ran his thumb across my cheek gently, and it was then that I noticed that I was crying. "It's okay. You're okay." Edward said softly.

I didn't want to believe him. My mind couldn't process that I was okay. I did the one thing that I wasn't supposed to do. "Wanda, I need you to focus on me. I need to make sure you don't have a concussion." Carlisle said.

His voice surprised me. I didn't even notice he was here. I looked down and tried to control my breathing before I exploded. I didn't see that I was starting to glow until Pietro was in front of me. He shoved Edward out of the way and pulled me into his arms.

"I'm so sorry. I should have been faster." Pietro said as he hugged me. "Pietro... it's not your fault." I said as I leaned into his arms. We stayed like this for a moment. "Can you get me some vater and some Advil?" I asked.

Pietro booed and flashed off. He didn't bother hiding his powers anymore because we already exposed ourselves. I felt the seat next to me dip and a cold arm wrapped around my shoulder. A wave of calm washed over me.

I looked at Jasper and smiled slightly. He nodded at me and then turned towards his wife. Pietro flashed back into the room with a bottle of water and some Advil. He walked over to me and handed it to me.

"Here you go," Pietro said. I smiled lightly at this and put the medicine in my mouth before I opened the water bottle and took a drink. Just then, the sound of a car pulling up alerted us to someone coming home.

"It's Charlie," Edward said. "Have the others hide. Ve can say Vanda fell down the stairs, so Dr. Cullen brought us home and helped us in." Pietro said. "That could work," Carlisle said. The others flashed off, and Edward left my side. Pietro switched places with Edward and held me while Carlisle gave me a once over.

"Dr. Cullen?" Charlie asked once he entered the house. "Ah. Chief Swan. Wanda took a fall down the stairs at my house. I brought the twins home and wanted to check and see how she was doing. I wanted to make sure she didn't have a concussion." Carlisle said.

"Thank you, Dr. Cullen. I appreciate it." Charlie said, and then he turned to me. "Are you alright, Wanda?" Charlie asked. "I'm fine. Just in pain." I said. "Pietro, take your sister upstairs and help her to bed. I'll bring up some food in a few minutes after I talk to the Doctor." Charlie said.

Pietro nodded and did a Charlie said. As we got to our room, we saw that Edward, Alice, and Jasper were there. "We still have a few questions for you two," Alice said.  "Ve know. Not tonight. Ve vill tell you soon." I said as I curled into my brother.

The three vampires nodded and flashed out the window. I sighed and started to tear up. I wasn't ready for the conversation. I couldn't handle it. Pietro's arms wrapped tighter around my waist, and he said, "Don't vorry. Ve vill get out of this." I wasn't sure if I believed him though.