Chapter 4 - Desperate Measures

A/N. Picture of Ally's house and neighbourhood

Alaia's POV

I arrive back at home feeling very frustrated. People won't even syphathise with a blind person anymore, I scoff.

Honestly, I was hoping to use that to my advantage. It usually works for me, when i go to some places. Some people let me get away with alot of things, or they want to give me things because of it. I know that sounds bad, but thats what usually happens.

I thought Mr Bishop, the older one, would feel sorry for me and let my dad be. But that Nickolas guy, that man has a heart of steel. I didn't mean to come out so rude, but he just hit a nerve, I am not usually like that. It wasn't even him i went to talk to, he wasn't supposed to be there.

And to think that that was my last hope. Now am back to square one with zero solution, or hope.

*

"Hey baby,, where have you been, i went by the shop and was told you left early"

"Ohh, hi Dad....." I say defeatedly.

"....I went to meet Mr Bishop today..... and before you freak out, as you can see, I am ok... nothing bad happened, and Rita was with me" i add quickly, knowing how cross he will get with me for doing such a thing.

"Ally, now why would you do that?" he grumbles, and I hear him sigh.

"Uuhhhhmm..I had hoped to convince him to drop the charges, but He was with his son and they wouldnt really badge." i confess.

I decided I would be honest with him as soon as I saw him, i am sure he will find out what happened one way or another anyway. Besides, i have never really been good at lying or keeping secrets, and Dad can see right through me.

He sighs defeatedly. Atleast he is not angry.

"You shouldn't have gone there my dear. This is not your problem to solve. Besides, I don't want you near those kinds of people anyway." He says.

"And what kind is that? "i ask curiously, but deep down already knowing what the answer is.

"The kind that think highly of themselves because they are rich and successful. The kind that have no respect for other people and would not think twice about crushing you to the ground to get what they want" he says bitterly.

He joins me by sitting down on the steps of the back door overlooking the backyard.

"Am sorry for getting us all in this mess honey. I know i have let you guys down" He sounds so broken and it pains me to have him like this.

" I understand, am not mad anymore........Mum still not talking to you?" i ask after a while.

He sighs. "Yeppp" dragging out the P.

"She'll come around" i say

"Aaahhhh" we both sigh.

Mum has been pretty dissapointed with my Dad and hasn't spoken to him much these past few days since the whole stealing scandal broke out.

We have always been taught to do right by my parents and been made to lead a be kind, respect other people and go to church kind of life. So i know dad must have been really desperate to do what he did. Am not condoning his actions,  i just understand why he did it.

"What do we do now?" i ask hoping for a miracle.

"Well, for now, you can help me prepare for jail since your Mum won't help" He says trying to make light of the situation.