Chapter 10 - Certain Things

A/N. Picture of Sunny's Diner.

Nicholas' POV

As we leave the Crowe residence, i lean back in my sit in the car on the way back to the house, deep in thought. Angelo s saying something, but i am not listening.

I could not get Alaia's pained look when she came outside the house off my mind. The fact that i put that pain there made my stomach twist with a discomfort that is taking me by surprise.

To be honest, i didn't think about that last condition untill after this morning when we met. I like her for some reason, and i was looking for an excuse to make our relationship physical without being too obvious.

A child is something that is sacred to me and it's something i woudn't take lightly, but i haven't been with a woman before that i felt i would like to create such a permanent relationship with, such as one between two people sharing a child, but Alaia is perfect...She is not greedy, she is caring and protective of her family and she is beautiful, she is also strong and tenacious, those are attributes i would love my child to be associated with.

Plus my parents and grandparent's have been nagging me about it for years, and after giving it some thought, it made sense to try for one now since we will be married anyway. Besides, what better way to take Alaia to bed, without being too obvious than for the sake of giving me an heir.

I sigh.

This is crazy, i really haven't been thinking straight since i met her....I need a serious distraction.

I turn my head towards Angelo and he is quietly looking out the window.

"You were saying something? " I ask, finally acknowledging him again.

He turns to face me.

"Yeah, for about 5 minutes until i realized i was talking to myself. I am done talking to you tonight. " he complains and turns away again.

"This might surprise you, but i have my own shit to think about, thanks for asking" he adds when i don't say anything.

"Well, look who just got their period" i say with a smile as i turn my head towards my own window to continue my own train of thoughts.

"Screw you" he mutters.

*****

It's past 8pm when i get to Rhea's apartment, the apartment i have been paying for for almost two years or so now.. but no, she is not my girlfriend. We are not officially together per se.

I don't have time for a proper relationship right, and i made it clear to her from the start that i was looking for something casual. She felt the same way, so we have been seeing each other unofficially ever since. 

She sees other people and i don't mind, as long as she keeps it discreet. I do the same sometimes. 

But don't be fooled, Rhea is very successful in every area of her life. She runs her own real estate company, and is basically a social butterfly, so i take her with me as my plus one when i attend certain social events and meetings. In addition, she comes from a very prestigious and rich background.

Mother is quite fond of her and has been hopeful and waiting for me to marry her, but even though i care and respect Rhea alot, i just don't see us getting married, ever.

"Hey stranger" She says with a smile as she opens the door to let me in. I have my own key but i didn't use it this time.

I am in no mood to talk as i pick her up in my arms, kicking the door shut behind me. I need somewhere to blow off some steam and release this pent up guilt from earlier.