𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝑊𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑌 𝐸𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇

RED

"I DON'T KNOW."

"Well, say—say it was me, how would you do it?" Loki pressed the question once more, her green eyes barely glancing up from the canvas she had. "You can't really go about asking people on dates if you can't strike up a conversation with them."

"And you would know that how?" Remus queried, finding himself funny.

"Nicolas. You know, for a Hufflepuff with minimal knowledge on the subject, he gives surprisingly good relationship advice." Loki shrugged, pulling her pencil away from the canvas for a moment to inspect her lines before going right back. "I mean, I haven't had anyone to try it on, and it's mainly guy advice, but I still appreciate it."

"Hmm," Remus hummed.

"Do you feel bad for leaving Sirius alone?" Loki leant back, her gaze falling on the male behind her canvas. "Because I feel kind of bad about it."

"Sirius will be fine, Loki, " Remus reassured with a grin. "Hopefully he'll finish his homework.

"Yeah, " Loki nodded. "Hopefully."

"So, anyway," Remus returned to his previous position, "how should I start a conversation with this girl I like?"

"Um, well, is it okay if I ask for a little information on her?" The tone of hesitation in Loki's question was evident. "All you've given me is that she's a she, and she's in our year. Oh, and that I know her. That doesn't narrow it down to what she's like."

"Uh, wh—what would you like to know?" Remus queried. His voice rose a few octaves higher than usual.

"What does she like?" Loki glanced over to him.

"What does she like?" Remus's mouth went dry. He had no idea what to say without giving away the fact that it was her. "She—" he bit the inside of his cheek as he tried to think quickly "—she likes... The arts."

"The arts? That's a vast subject, Remus, " Loki frowned.

"Yep. She likes the arts." Remus chuckled nervously, wringing his hands together. "She does the arts. All the arts."

"Okay, um, we can use me as an example again, then," Loki smiled, trying not to let her newfound knowledge of Remus's crush dampen her mood. "You could mention that you've seen some of her stuff. Say you like it and hope it starts a conversation?"

"That's all you've got, isn't it?" Remus softly laughed. Loki's cheeks flushed, and she was suddenly glad they couldn't see each other's faces. "It's okay. I couldn't think of anything, so you're already doing one better than me."

"Oh." Loki kept her eyes glued to the sketch, hiding the grin spread across her face.

"And what about these people you like? Hmm?" Remus spoke up. "I've told you about my crush." Loki choked.

Code red! CODE RED!

"Wha—what—what do you want to know?" She managed to stutter out.

"I would ask who they were, but I have a feeling you won't tell me." Remus paused, thinking. "What are they like? Are they good people?"

"Yeah," Loki smiled. "Yeah, they're good people. They're nice. They're funny. I mean, they can get into trouble sometimes, but not for super bad things. One of them's more daring than the other, but there's always going to be one like that."