~Choices~

Both of you were able to feel the other's breath. Just before contact, the door to your apartment swung open, followed by a crackling explosion.

~

Your eyes stared for a while at the door. There he stood, unharmed and completely okay. His ruby colored eyes glaring at the emerald boy with anger and resentment. His blond hair was a mess as if he had only just woke up. You moved away from izuku embarrassed. There was something in izuku's eyes that made you worry. He didn't show relief rather, shock and anger. His eyes frankly scanned the other male as they stood in absolute silence. What truly only lasted a second felt like moments going on and on, drawn out by the shock and darkening atmosphere around the room. Katsuki was the first to break the trance with his loud shout.

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HER!" he hissed as another warning flared from his palm. Crackling loudly and intimidatingly. Izuku remained unfazed, his mind working in double time to find a way that didn't involve you... witnessing that side of him. He wanted, no need, to think he was an innocent boy. Innocent he had to play clueless. He had never affirmed it was him, just the nickname and those small words about a lover shouldn't be enough to sway you.... Right?

"Kacchan im glad you're okay.'' His smile was fake and it stung to look at him like this to pretend he didn't want to jump over there and tear the blond's throat out. "(y/n) was so worried about you! We were in contact since you left." a lie to protect himself. Honey dripped from his voice as he spoke. Each word would fool and idiot. Would it fool katsuki though? It didn't matter, as long as you believed every word from his mouth every twisted lie. He was sure he'd lose it if he ever lost you.

"SAVE THE BULL SHIT YOU DAMNED RABBIT! Dumbass... get the fuck away from him." you tilted your head confused as the two males locked eyes. Izuku inched towards you, gripping your wrist he pulled you close to him and chuckled.

"Kacchan, that's not very nice to order doll around... I don't see the problem kacchan. I would never hurt anybody", izuku gave a half smile. Though his heart raced beating faster and faster each moment.

"Katsuki... izu... what the hell is going on." katsuki spoke before he gave izuku a chance to pull you further into his web of lies.

He had stopped shouting, however it made him seem all the more mad and imposing. "I'll tell you what. That little shit head nearly killed me a second time! Not to mention he's fucking responsible for killing Eiji!" you shook your head looking at Izuku, who lowered his gaze, forcing tears to fall. An act all, so he could remain the one you loved.

"Katsuki, that's a wild claim! H-he would never hurt somebody! Izu is sweet and caring! Apologize right now!" you huffed hugging him tightly. Katsuki had no choice... he dropped his gaze to the floor and turned but as he did he sighed.

"Why do you think you couldn't reach the damn nerd (y/n)? Why do you think the water was running in your little call? I'll tell you I wouldn't have fucking noticed had he not called me kacchan during our damned fight. Oh, and what was it you said rabbit?" he didn't look back, placing a hand against the doorknob. "My little rose won't have any other arms to crawl into when the pain gets overwhelming but mine." Katsuki snarled, putting emphasis on the first three words. He sighed making sure to apologize. "I had them forward me your call (Y/n) . I needed to make sure you were okay..." he whispered unaware of the doubt that gripped you tightly. You thought back to the day he had come in a bit of blood on the side of his neck and in his hair. Thought back to the call he had gotten on the beach, how angered he appeared. How he never went into detail about his day.

"Izu..." you whispered, gripping the arm that held you close. You loved him... he loved you back right? "Please... tell me it's-" izuku's eyes shut briefly as he put a finger to our lips.