𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝟏𝟑

(Tension - Jack & Jack)Thomas's song for Kendra

Thomas's song for Kendra.
(Also, his voice!)

IT'S silent in the room. Kendra tapped her foot on the ground, waiting impatiently on Thomas's reaction. They were sitting on a chair across from each other. His eyes are down at his feet, trying to think straight about this situation. He stands up walking slowly to the glass wall to look at the nice view of the dark buildings. Kendra also stands up. "Why?" He asks in a whisper. When he didn't get an answer he turns around to look at her face. "Why Kendra? Why?" He walks closer to her. She could see the sadness in his eyes, his glossy eyes. Her heart breaks seeing this, she doesn't know how to answer. "Tell me, that this all was a lie?"

"I was, planned to visit you. To talk to you about this. Why haven't you told me that you were on your way? You pretty much took me by surprise."

He chuckles sarcastically. "Does it even fucking matter, Kendra?" She narrowed her eyes, looking to the ground now. He grabbed her arms a little too tight, Kendra flinched. She gazes up into his eyes. "It could be anyone, another guy or a girl. But Billie Eilish? Your ex-girlfriend, Seriously Kendra?" He shook his head. "This is very low of you. I didn't expect that from you, to be honest."

Kendra wiggles out of his grip. "What is that supposed to mean?" She raises her voice a little a few tears slipped down her cheek. "That you didn't expect me of cheating is something I can understand. But Billie made a mistake in the past and she's trying to make it up with me."

"By seducing you? By telling you that she won't let you go anymore? By telling you that she loves you? We all know those games and I don't understand that you are letting yourself get stuck into her game. I'm here to get you out of it." He took her hand, Kendra looked down at their hands. "Please, don't do this to us. Can't you remember what we had? I know that our relationship seems far away, but I'm here now." Kendra eyed him, he dried her tears with his thumb.

"You have no idea, who Billie is. I don't know who fooled you with such ridiculous information. But Billie is a good person." Billie smiled, hiding behind a wall, she's standing there for a few seconds. She didn't want to interrupt their conversation. "I'm so sorry for, hurting you like this." More tears slipped down Kendra's face, Thomas frown. "What I have done isn't forgivable and I understand why you are angry. I would be too if I was in your position."

"Forget about it, okay. I understand that you are confused and that you want to find things out. But please, don't make the same mistake again." Kendra frowned, Billie made fists feeling the anger. "I'm here for you and I won't give up on you. Not that easily. Because I still believe in us, in our relationship. I know that you still love me."

Billie immediately turns the corner when she heard the word love. Their faces turned to Billie, Kendra fast dried her tears. "Uhm-." She looked at Billie. "Hey, Billie. This is Thomas, Thomas this is Billie. But you already knew her." They stand across from each other with Kendra in the middle, saying nothing to each other. They only shake hands, squeezing their hands harder, not letting go. They are challenging each other. "Please stop," Kendra says looking at them. They swiftly let go of each other. "Thomas, do I see you tomorrow?" Kendra asks, wanting to break this tension between the three of them.