𝒄𝒉. 28

chapter twenty-eight;

━━━━━━ "INASA, COME HERE", KISA DEMANDED, to which the male had swiftly arrived with a bowl of golden kiwis and a small silver fork.

inasa took a seat beside kisa, who was coddled up in a fuzzy hello kitty blanket and watching documentaries and theories on what happens after human life.

     "don't you live longer than us? so shouldn't you know what happens to our bodies after we die?", inasa asked, joining kisa under the blanket.

     "well other than your bodies decomposing, I don't know what the fuck happens. maybe your souls go down to hell or something", kisa grinned, intrigued.

"plus...it seems that you humans have brilliant minds...creating things that even us yōkai haven't heard of", kisa mumbled, totally engrossed in her own world.

     "like?"

     "the theory of quantum gravity, or better yet, known as the loop theory", kisa seriously answered.

     "you think that humans live in a loop?", inasa questioned, feeding kisa the golden kiwis.

     "perhaps not all, but maybe some", kisa replied, leaning her head against the crook of inasa's shoulder as she had made her way onto the male's lap.

"I see...I didn't take you as the philosophical one", inasa mused.

"it helps with broadening my mind and creating more plans for the future", kisa smiled, pleased by the kiwis' sweetness.

"speaking of the future, did you still want to go camp on the mountains?", inasa asked, secretly praying kisa would say no.

"well...isn't christmas in a few days? let's stay in instead. can we go get a tree and decorate your place?"

"yes", inasa immediately said, to which kisa raised a brow.

"I-I mean...sure", the male coughed, to which kisa just smiled, cupping inasa's cheek.

"speaking of which, I need to get you and the other three a present...", kisa mumbled, closing her eyes as she decided what to get her four husbands.

     "a present?"

     "oh my. have you never received one before?", kisa teased, to which inasa had slightly frowned as kisa's eyes fluttered open.