𝒄𝒉. 33

chapter thirty-three;

━━━━━━ "WHY'D YOU TAKE ME HERE?", DABI LOWLY growled, glaring at kisa, who was holding a bouquet of flowers.

"we're already here; there's no turning back. whether you step into the room with me or not is your decision", kisa said, putting on her warmest smile.

dabi hesitated, his gears turning as he debated whether he should enter with the girl or not.

a part of him denied entering this entire building at all, yet here he was, standing next to kisa in front of one of the many hospital rooms.

kisa interlaced her fingers with dabi's, giving his hand a light squeeze as dabi just sighed and nodded.

"fine".

kisa smiled even wider as she knocked on the door, to which she had heard light footsteps on the other side, leisurely making their way towards the metal door.

as soon as it had swung open, the white-haired woman had an utterly confused and perhaps even a slightly afraid look on her face.

     "you two are..."

     "good morning mrs. todoroki! my name's tamotsu kisa and this is dabi. may we have a moment with you inside please?", the fox girl smoothly greeted.

     the tired-looking woman hesitantly nodded, inviting the two in as she sat on her creaky bed, meanwhile the two took a seat in front of her.

     "is there...a reason that you two have come to visit?", todoroki rei asked, keeping a mellow expression on.

kisa handed the woman the bundle of indigo rindou, autumn bellflowers, that was tied together by a blue ribbon.

"thank you...", rei mumbled, accepting the flowers and putting them in a vase as she wondered how the couple knew of her favorite flowers.

     "of course mrs. todoroki", kisa replied, meanwhile dabi had trouble properly breathing, though his face contradicted how he internally felt.

     "so...how may I help you two today?", rei skeptically asked.

     "I just wanted to visit my mother-in-law", kisa smiled, to which dabi felt himself slowly wither away as rei had an utterly baffled look on her face.

the woman's tired looking brown-gray eyes suddenly turned wide as she choked on air.

"natsuo's? shouto might be a bit young to have gotten married...", rei muttered to herself.