sixteen

"Beau!"

I rush past everyone as I head towards the castle. I couldn't stay calm ever since what happened almost two nights ago.

Since I was technically kidnapped by Maximus he had to spend a day in his quarters supposedly for a whole day. To calm himself...to get himself back to normal. It was a pretty uneventful day, I can say that much.

Though all I knew is that I was excited to see him.

It's like...whenever he crosses my mind I just want to leap up from my seat. I want to smile and do anything that makes me happy at that moment. All I know is that I want to see him...and I want to be the first one this time.

No more being last, I actually want to see him.

"When were you ever so excited?" I hear Vero jogging beside me, and I grin. "Did something happen when Maximus kidnapped you?"

"You...you could say that." I chuckle happily at the memories. We stop before the castle entrance and I grab the door handle. Opening it, I nod for her to enter in before me.

She nodded in thanks and I saw the others at a distance. Except...I was so happy that I was willing to wait for them!

Stood here for - I don't know how long! - some time, and even when they got to the door I nodded politely at them. Some acknowledged me while others had the stink eye. I however...felt great!

"This is a whole new you and I am feeling it." Knox points out my sudden change in demeanor. "You look very-."

"Excited? Happy? Stupendously swell?" Orion finishes for him, grinning at me. "This is a Beau I thought I'd never see."

"You and me both." Knox whispers to him, but I still heard. It didn't even matter as I grab their hands. Clasping them together with mine, I smile.

"I...I am just very excited. Finally someone likes me and...I like them. I've never experienced that before - it's so great." I sigh in relaxation to be able to let that out. "I've always been given the shove away. It would be one-sided. Now..."

I bite my lip, raising my eyebrow at them. They nodded ecstatically waiting for me to finish.

"Now, I'm going to participate in this competition like no other. Things are going to get-."

"Where is Beau Paeng!"

I frown at the sound of the Head Alpha's wife screaming my name. I look over my shoulder at her and she makes eye contact with me easily. Except she rushed towards me without any calmness.

She grabbed my arm tightly, glaring up at me.

"You're ruining my son!" She growls at me, and I try to pull my arm away from her. "Ever since he saw you...his..."

When she stops I already knew it was too late. I don't know what she was going on about...but I had an assumption.

"Mrs. Villin, could we please talk to one another privately-?"

"No, we can't! Ever since you came Maximus has much more flare-ups than ever before. He never became Unhinged, until you showed up! He hadn't been Unhinged for a decade...then you come..." She shakes her head slowly at me, and I felt a little uncomfortable.

Except I soon see Maximus rushing towards us. I felt...saved in some odd way as I yank away from her now. I rush towards him and he holds my hand.

We both grin at one another, but he was back to looking at his mother now. Only looking annoyed by her words...I hope.

"Mom what do you think you're doing?" He growls at her, and she shook her head.