five

***

***

"Are you feeling...any better?" Vero asks me as she tried helping me with my wounds.

Orion and Knox were just upset for me since I was in this state. I was assaulted by Poppy, Silas, and Wyatt yesterday. No one knows what happened to me and Felix has kept quiet on it all.

No one cares what happened to me except the people who have been kind to me. Maximus was too busy with Felix that when I was saved from the woods - everyone was gone. He didn't even try to question where I was?

Felix didn't even try to say anything...

"I guess. My wounds healed significantly from yesterday. I thank my werewolf genes for that." I mumble, and she grins.

"You tell everyone you fell down a hill and ruffled yourself up a bit. Yeah, a fractured ankle and nail marks on your ears totally do that. I saw everything done to you...who did this to you?" She questions me seriously, and I stay silent.

Those three had fun beating me up. It was a joke to them as if seeing me hurt helped them feel better. It didn't really make sense to me.

How can you do such things to someone when you don't even know them? I haven't done anything to them and I will never understand if I'm being honest.

"I told you what happened. Why bother with the useless questions-."

"I'm not stupid Beau! Someone did this to you! You can tell me and I won't tell a soul - I promise. This isn't fair...what's been done to you. You need to make it known to Maximus." Vero tells me fast and quickly.

I start to put on my tie, avoiding to look at her as she was done with my wounds. Only her, Orion, Knox, and Jade have put in effort to help me yesterday.

It let me know who my true friends were in all of this. I was also even more certain that no feelings for Maximus could grow. He didn't ask me at all if I was okay...

The dinner with Felix was far too important.

"Maximus is the last person I'd tell. He is too focused on Felix, besides yesterday no one even bothered to wait for me. He didn't wait to see if I would come back since Felix was my partner. Just accepted everything and went to dinner. I told you what happened so please stop asking." I say to her, and she just looks at me sadly.

Though she does get up. She ends up leaving my room and I could hear her leave the house. Orion and Knox already left, so I was by myself in the house.

At that moment I stood up, going to the bathtub. I started the water as I put it on hot. Watching the tub fill with water I decided the last thing I would do is...have breakfast with everyone.

I wish we didn't have to do these mandatory breakfast, lunch, and dinners. They were uncalled for considering we all could barely talk with one another. There were groups for sure and most people avoided me.