ten

***

***

There was...a sad silence in the room we were in. All of us knew now was the time that someone would be eliminated.

No one really knew, but I didn't appreciate how it was out in front of everyone. The way it was being done was cruel to me.

Everyone held their flower that was given to them, and I stared awkwardly at mine. I didn't really want to look at anyone because I didn't know who was leaving.

No one was talking...it was the first time we all sat in a room so quietly. We all were worried for ourselves. I even found myself worried even though I thought I didn't care. I don't want to be eliminated.

After how I've been to Maximus...my chances are slim. We'll see, but I'm still nervous.

When the door opens we all saw Maximus. He held some envelopes in his hand and they were quite big. They looked like...picture-sized envelopes. It made me wonder what kind of elimination ceremony this was.

Because on the outside I could hear hundreds if not thousands outside the building. It made me wonder what was planned. I knew this was live because of the cameras, but it seemed kind of impersonal to me.

"This time came faster than I thought it would. I'm saddened that I have to do this once every month. You all are amazing and I'm sad that I have to choose one of you to go home." Maximus sighs, his eyes scanning all of us.

Except he avoids looking at me, and I wondered if that was a hint to something.

"Outside are your possible fans. Once this is done you all will go out and there will be a fan service. You could receive gifts, praise, insults, hate - who knows. So...be prepared for that. For the person eliminated I wish you the best and I have great reason as to why I chose you in particular." Maximus nods, and we all waited awkwardly.

I glance at Knox and Orion, seeing them pale as can be. They didn't even spare me a glance because their nerves were so high.

"The first person to stay is...Felix."

We see the TV behind him reveal the picture of him and Felix. I suppose they were going to use the pictures from our first ever shoot with him.

Felix got up from his seat, getting the envelope from him. They both hugged one another and I look back at my flower.

"Second is...Ensley."

I grin at her when she gets up, seeing her grab her envelope and just sit back down. It became obvious that inside the envelope was the picture we took with him. So that meant the person who was leaving would get none?

"Third is-."

Before I knew it more and more names were called.

I became uncomfortable because others were beginning to realize I hadn't been called. It was coming down to Poppy, Silas, Ada, and me.