fourteen

|_Maximus_

I see Beau sitting on the bed, his eyes lowered as he ate some of the sweets that were brought to him. I didn't know what to say or do because it has been a total of three weeks and he only woke up a day ago.

All of those days made me almost lose my mind. When I say...lose my mind I mean genuinely lose it. I know the state of my disease isn't known by others, but it's on the verge of releasing.

I can't become unhinged now.

"When are you going to go in there?"

I look as I see Felix walk up beside me. He looked at Beau too and I look away now.

"I don't want to be disappointed. He was in his induced-coma for so long. His body had to heal and I just hope he didn't suffer any memory loss. We were this close!" I groan, shaking my head. "He was finally honest with himself and I was about to have the real Beau! Why did Dawson have to do such silly things?!"

"He was contemplating suicide because the truth about his past was being revealed. It's not silly, just sad." Felix states, sighing sadly for him. "If you like Beau so much - why don't you just end the competition?"

"I can't do that." I groan, resting my hands on the glass. Saw Beau looking at the window and I knew he couldn't see me. It wasn't see-through on his end, but we could see him just fine.

He soon was looking away, going back to eating. Saw him grab a mirror and look at himself. His hair ended up having to be dyed back because the white was stained with blood. It was...uncanny.

"Why not? I don't think you'd be hated for doing so."

"That's not the point. I started this competition believing I'd give everyone a chance. I haven't done that because I have been so enamored by Beau. All I want is him and I lost when he was hurt before me like that." I state, and Felix looks away from me.

He saw what happened to me. Everyone did...I wasn't normal anymore and I was too close to being Unhinged.

____two weeks ago____

I saw a body slam onto the ground, hearing screams erupt around the area. I rush over to them and shove my way through, flinching at the sight of Beau collapsed on the ground.

I saw...his body completely looking broken and his body twitched slightly. Heard him whimpering painfully and when I saw the blood I began to see black. My vision started to cloud I knew exactly what it was.

If frightened me instantly because I was around too many people to be experiencing this now! I shake my head, trying to recover myself. Except when my vision did clear I saw Vero crying before Beau's body.

So many people looked so frightened and upset, but there was one person missing. I flinch...he wouldn't throw Beau over would he?

"Maximus-!"

I ignore people calling my name as I rush to their room. Even as I tried to I didn't get there all the way because Dawson slammed right into me. He looked up at me fearfully and his body was shaking.

I glare at him as I grab his shoulders tightly, and he whimpered in pain.

"What happened to Beau?" I growl at him, and he was too busy trying to get away from me. It didn't even occur to me how hard I was gripping - even if he was accumulating more tears than he had before. "What the hell did you do-?!"

"Beau saved my life!" Dawson screamed at me, and I let go of him. "I was...going to jump from the balcony, and he got to me in time. He pulled me up and it caused him to slip over...why did he have to save me-?!"