twelve

***

***

"Where did Maximus run off to?"

I hear the camera crew speaking to one another worriedly as I walk beside Vero. We all were going to go outside, but it became absurdly dark and a thunderstorm was brewing.

Now we were just in the house doing whatever.

"Did I hear that correctly? Maximus is lost?" Knox rushes beside me, looking worried for him. "I hope he doesn't get hurt. There is so much lightning! What if he gets struck by a lightning bolt?!"

"That's highly...highly unlikely, but yeah. Where could he have even gone? It's way too cold, and way too dark now. Those two things combined don't go together." Vero states as we sit at a table. "It's Maximus though. He's probably planning a surprise. Especially with tomorrow coming."

I didn't care for tomorrow.

We were having a winter-themed little ball. It was so...expected, and I would've been excited. Until he pulled that ordeal with me yesterday and now I lost all will to even try.

I was embarrassed to the point of it being funny. The possibility that it could've been caught on camera is what makes me feel worse. If so...billions now know what he did to my letter and how embarrassing he found it to be.

Even though I was trying.

"Beau what are you wearing tomorrow?" Vero asks me softly, and I shrug. "What's wrong? You seem in the slumps today."

"I'm fine. I just have...a lot on my mind."

"You sure do!" Wyatt slams his hands on the table, but was soon rushing to wrap his arm around my shoulder. "Imagine making a letter and planning out your actions because you can't do it yourself? Imagine being that pathetic? Couldn't be me."

I look at him, and he laughs as I saw Truett wink at me. Now I was angry when I face forward and saw my friends looking at me in confusion.

"What is he going on about? He sounds stupider than normal?" Knox spats, rolling his eyes at him. "Writing out your plans on paper and actions? That does sound a little far-fetched - what?"

I saw Vero trying to shush him, but it was too late. I stood up, grinning down at them because they didn't know. Vero clearly caught on to Wyatt's words.

"I'm going to...take a nap." I say, and they both nod. As I began to walk away I saw people snickering around me. It was annoying because I knew they knew what I did.

How did they know though? Were they eavesdropping like weirdos?

It was bothering me too much! The one time I try and this is what I get?

I'm not even going to bother anymore.

"I give up at this point." I mumble when I see Felix leave his room. He nods at me, and I unconsciously nod back politely.