~ Chapter 11 ~

Branch was happy, Branch was carring the egg!

With a soft warm blanket, Poppy had tied the egg in a bundle that Branch carried between his teeth, in addition to being tied to his neck. After he threw himself off a cliff to save the egg, it was clear that he only wanted to protect the baby, too ... moreover, the egg seemed to get heavier by the day, so taking it in turns helped them a lot to move faster; the two trolls had reached the snow-covered area of ​​the mountain.

The cold was intense, luckily they were well covered! The wind was blowing so hard that Branch was sometimes pushing against the frost-covered rock face, continuing by some miracle to follow the trail of the troll they were looking for. Poppy, to warm up herself, asked Branch every possible question;

- So, who is this troll that we are following exactly?

Branch obviously didn't know his name, so he described the smell he was following to his friend:

- Male, ocean, berries, Branch managed to say, despite still holding the egg in the bundle he was carrying.

Poppy raised an eyebrow, confused, before remembering that Branch didn't know anyone except her, so it made sense that he was describing the scent of this troll instead.

At one point, seeing that he was getting tired, Poppy carefully took the egg which she put back in her bag, the weight of the little one inside the shell made her happy and frightened her at the same time: what would they do if the baby was born in the middle of their journey? It would involve a lot of responsibility, and without her mother, Poppy was worried about the little funk troll princess. Branch gladly let her wrap the egg in blankets so the Queen of Pop could carring it...

When Branch suddenly froze.

Poppy knew that look.

Branch growled heavily, looking around for something she didn't saw yet. Poppy also began to look around for what Branch was looking for... there. Two red eyes shining in the storm.

- RUN! Poppy screamed as the two trolls fled as fast as their legs allowed them.

The zombie rock was already gone, but Poppy knew it hadn't given up so easily; she had to quickly find a way to get away from it! The path in front was soon wider and the two trolls were able to run side by side, panicking, their hearts pounding at full speed as fear forced them to flee from the red eyed troll who wanted nothing other than bringing them back to QueenBarb.

- POPPY ! Branch suddenly screamed.

The pink troll barely had time to react when something threw itself on her, trapping her to the ground. It was a girafe shaped troll who had been bewitched, she didn't have to recognize who.

- BRANCH! She screamed as the zombie tried to knock her out, BRANCH GO AWAY! SAVE YOURSELF!

But Branch had no intention of leaving her there, he had promised to protect her ! The gray troll let out a growl of rage and jumped on the zombie, causing it to let go of his hold on Poppy so he could roll to the ground with his prey. Branch showed his pointy teeth, struggling, growling and trying to immobilize the zombie and force it to leave them alone. Poppy stood up painfully, a bit in shock as she recognized the troll who was fighting with Branch:

- Prince D? She whispered, unbelieving it.

But there he was, his neck trapped between Branch's powerful but careful jaws, trying to force him to stop struggling without hurting him. Unfortunately, Mr. Dinkles-zombie choose this moment to show up and managed to kick the injured leg of the poor puppy troll who let go with a squeal of pain, giving the opportunity to another sudden enemy- Rock Hickory- to hit Branch who slipped beside Poppy, letting out heartbreaking sounds.

Poppy, instead of running away, crept weakly to Branch, hugging the poor troll, who had fight the best he could, against her. The zombie stood up with the help of his companion, their red, blind eyes staring at the two trolls let a smile of triumph appeared on their faces. They slowly approached Branch and Poppy ...

- AURF! AURF! Branch suddenly freed herself from Poppy's grip and began to bark super loud.

Poppy was confused, he wasn't even doing it to threaten the zombies, he was jumping trying to climb the snowy wall ... what was going on with him? Zombie Darnell was confused for a moment, but shook his head and continued to walk towards the pink troll. Immediately, Branch came to stand in front of her, without stopping bark looking at the wall every 2 seconds.

The zombies were now right in front of the two trolls, ready to take them back to the Rock Trolls' Volcano ... when a snowball hit Hickory's face.

Hickory groaned, brushing the snow from his face before letting out a scream of rage in Prince D's direction. He shrugged, confused. The two trolls turned to the tiny red eyed worm:

- Mawr, Mr. Dinkles spoke, he wasn't the one who threw that snowball.

So who ?...

- ANOTHER ONE! HAHAH !!! A familiar male voice laughed above them.

Then another snowball fell this time on the face of Prince D who gave a cry of surprise, two heavy laughs resounded as a third ball hit Hickory. Poppy looked up; two trolls were perching up there, it was Branch who had called them, that's why he had start barking suddendly !

- Come on, go away! They won't be your catch today! A female voice said this time.

This time the snowball hit Prince D in a more painful area, the female let out an 'OH, sorry! before another snowball hit Hickory's chest.

- FOR CHANGE THE HURT PLACE! The voice of the male troll laughed, W-WOAH-

With a loud thud, a techno troll fell in front of them. Trollex looked up at Mr. Dinkles in front of him and a nervous laugh escaped his lips;

- Oh, hello? ... The techno troll king giggled nervously.

Luckily for him, Branch had recognized the scent of the troll he had been searching for for days and forced the little zombie to back away. Trollex had time to get up before Prince D jump on him.

- TROLLEX! Poppy and the other troll scream in terror.

Immediately the techno troll reacted and did the first thing that occurred to him; he grabbed one of the vials he was carrying on his belt and threw it into the zombie troll's mouth.

The zombie suddenly get all his body shaking, laughing, screaming to stop as if someone was tickling him, then suddenly became a normal troll again.

There was silence, Prince D gasped for a few seconds looking around, confused:

- What the... then he fell to the ground unconscious.

- TROLLEX! A little pop troll, Maya, exclaimed, coming towards him.

But instead of hugging him, she grabbed the vial and threw them at the other two zombies. The same phenomenon occurred; trembling, laughter and unconscious.

Another silence.

- Aurf! Branch exclaimed, hopping happily over to Poppy, as if nothing had happened.

- I can't believe it! Trollex exclaimed, Queen Poppy, is that you?