~ Chapter 10 ~

The journey had begun, and a strong bond now united Branch and Poppy.

For three days now the two trolls were on the long road, following the trail that the rebel troll they search had left behind him. Poppy couldn't see a visible trace anymore, but the gray troll was confident, so she followed him, trusting him completely.

When they weren't walking, it was either to rest for the night or to play a game because Branch wanted to get the pink troll's smile back. Over time, the two companions had even invented some "tactics" to escape future enemies, instead of running away without having any escape plan.

Every night now, the two trolls sharing a strong bond of trust, sleeped snuggled up in each other's warmth, making them feeling safe.

But their body heat was starting to not be enough ... So Poppy, sitting on the frost covered ground, was making a warmer outfit for Branch who was shivering under her cloak beside her. The trail had led them to the snow-capped mountains, and they first had to cover themselves warmer before starting the ascent; no continuing without the necessary equipment!

- I'm almost done, Poppy reassured him as she worked on one last seam.

Branch responded with a tremor, his nose buried in his plush Bandit. Unlike Poppy who had a cloak to keep her warm, Branch would walk around shirtless, which wasn't very practical for temperatures like this. But if the cold wasn't deadly yet, Poppy had decided that he should start protecting himself from the cold.

- Here it is ! She smiled at him as she showed him what she had made for him.

- Aoow? Branch stuck his head out from under her cloak, curious.

It was a shirt made of warm moss, covered with a large sun tree leaves; its leaves had a reputation for capturing the sun's rays and making the leaf produce heat, which allowed the plant to survive in colder temperatures. Branch got up to sniff at the clothes, his gray skin now in contact with the cold air shivering.

- Let me put it on before you turn into an ice cube! Poppy laughed, Sit !

Branch obeyed and sat down ... yes, like I told you, they had found ways to understand each other ... But that wasn't the coolest tactic that Poppy had taught her companion.

- What do you think about it ? Poppy asked him when she had finished putting it on him.

Branch stood up and began to check himself; it wasn't so cold anymore, and the soft leaves kept him nice and warm.

- Yay! Branch exclaimed, that meant he loved it.

He was spoke more and more, and made more and more progress. Happy, he threw himself on her to lick her face happily, thanking her. Poppy laughed, trying to gently push him away.

- Okay okay ! We must continue to walk! Poppy laughed.

- Boom Boom ! Branch said, licking her cheek one last time before letting her get up.