~ Chapter 20 ~

- Quick, the concert will start soon !! Hickory urged everyone to move on, before a fake rock troll pretended to grab him.

Because yes, that was their plan; They had recovered their medicine pistols for fight the zombies, and now that some of them were disguised as rock trolls, they were leading the false prisoners to the stage. There they would try to convince Barb to listen to them ... if she refused, it would be the big battle and they would leave saving everyone.

Poppy was obviously one of the fake prisoners. As everyone walked towards the stage, the Queen sadly held Branch's plush raccoon that she had kept with her, Bandit; would she ever see him again? She hated herself for the horrors she had told him ... She had stopped listening to him.

- I promise, Poppy whispered to herself, I'll come get you Branch, and I ... I would apologize for what I told you ... you are my best friend, more than that... and I hope you will find the strength to forgive me ...

- Are you talking to yourself? Trollex asked her, tie in the same handcuffs as her.

She gave the techno troll king a slight smile;

- If I were you, I'd rather go tell Maya how I feel instead of spying on me.

Trollex blushed furiously, then nodding and taking a deep breath, went to talk to Maya. Who knows if he would have another chance to tell her how fast his heart beats for her? He had to do it now.

- H-Hey Maya... he started slowly, getting her attention.

The pretty turquoise troll turned to him, disguising as a fake rock troll zombie:

- What is it ? She asked him in her voice, that voice he adored so much, giving him a reassuring little smile.

Trollex took a deep breath, well, grabbing her tiny hands in his, looked down and began his declaration:

- Listen I ... I know it might seem sudden, but I have to tell you something very important before we risk our lives in this maybe coming battle ...

Maya had understood, and before he had time to say those three words, put a finger on his lips. He looked at her, confused. Then, giving her the cutest of smiles, whispered:

- Tell me after harmony wins, okay ?

Trollex smiled back at her, his gaze betraying his sincere love for her:

- Okay, Papaya.

•♡•

In backstage, Branch looked for any trace of a smell that was familiar to him. His nose buried in dust and ashes, he followed the only little trail he had found: that of the egg that he and Poppy had saved.

- It's close, Branch guessed for himself.

He continued his way, not realizing that he had passed a 'Do Not Enter' sign. Soon he found himself in a room in the center of the volcano: a large stone chair stood there, overlooking a warm lava lake below. What attracted the attention of Branch however, was the small cage where the egg was locked.

But that was before something catched him and drag him away.

•♡•

It was here, it was time.

The lights dazzled the pink troll, while the sound of rock music made her eardrums drum. Most of the trolls in the concert hall were screaming their victory, believing that they were finally winning the battle.

Smidge - disguised as a fake zombie - forced her fake prisoner Poppy to advance. The Queen immediately noticed that Barb was not on stage, it was a band obviously calling BadHairDay who was playing for the moment.