~ Chapter 12 ~

... The only response Trollex got was a Poppy who fell, collapsing to the snowy ground, exhausted.

...

When Poppy awoke, the heat was surrounding her; she was wrapped in blankets, her cloak was on a chair next to her bed and she was only dressed in her underwear. Branch was on top of her lying directly against her skin, sharing his body heat with her; whoever put them there knew how to survive the cold.

(AN: Nah seriously, before everyone start scream (LMAO) because Poppy is in her underwear; That's the thing to do when someone is in hyporthermia: use body warmth. Words of Lee who lives winters of -40 C ° and who is also the girl to who they repeat this every year :D)

Poppy looked around the room; everything here was built to survive the mountain cold. In two other beds, Darnell and Hickory were still unconscious. In the arms of the yodeling troll, Mr. Dinkles was also unconscious. While near his big brother, the egg, intact, was wrapped in blankets, Prince D had his neck wrapped around it.

- Ah, you're waking up! A voice whispered

It was a little pop troll, which Poppy immediately recognized; Maya, who had disappeared during the flight from the volcano a year ago. The pink troll wanted to hug her, relieved to know that the turquoise troll was okay ... but when she tried to stand up, Branch groaned, suddenly trapping her against him, pressing his lilac nose to her cheek. affectionately. The simple breeze of cold that had come in contact with her pink skin convinced her to hug her sweet puppy troll back.

- Take it easy, Trollex will be back soon with berries for everyone, Maya laughed softly, this shelter is well hidden .... I can't believe you two did all this way ! How did you guys find us ??

Poppy, who was quite awake by now, began to tell her all of what happen during their journey; her escape into the forest, her meeting with Branch, and how the puppy boy had guide her here by following Trollex's trail. Maya was in awe of this whole story;

- So he brought you here? It's unbelievable ! She marveled as Branch, still sleeping, let the gentle troll clean the wounds on his hurt leg.

Then, with a teasing little laugh, she added;

- He seems to like you a lot, he came all alone in your bed.

- I don't know where he's from, Poppy confessed, hiding her slight blush at that comment, but I couldn't leave him trapped there, something told me he shouldn't be there.

- Why didn't you ask him where he came from? Maya asked, confused.

For only answer, Poppy shook Branch slightly, he opened his blue eyes to look at her, a little sleepy.

- Hey, did you sleep well? She whispered, stroking the black hair of the wild troll.

- Aurf! Branch barked in response, looking at Poppy with such admiration and affection that his pupils dilated widely,

- Oh, Maya understood, laughing because she had forgotten this small detail.

Poppy ends up getting up to put on her clean clothes, and that's when Trollex chooses to enter the room with a small basket filled with berries.

- HELLO GUYS ! The techno troll exclaimed out loud, look at all the berries I found out there !!

Immediately, Maya scolded him gently, using her lilac hair to cover his eyes;

- There is a girl who is half naked here ! She hastened to tell him, still holding a sheet in front of Poppy, even Branch has a little respect, come on !

She turned him around and pointed to Branch who was sitting, turning so that he wasn't looking at the two girls. Honestly, Poppy didn't care a lot, knowing that Branch was unaware that his gaze on someone's body might be disturbing, cause of that time they had swimming in the little lake, he had already see her in underwear... but Maya had managed to gently convince him to turn around, so he did.