~ Chapter 5 ~

Screams, cries, panic.

This is what was happening around Trollex, their camp was attacked by zombies and rock trolls. Everyone was trying to run away; some escaped, others were hit by the mighty guitar riff and turned into demons of themselves.

- DELTA, WATCH OUT! Trollex yelled at the country troll, but he hadn't even had time to see if she had avoided the zombie because already she was disappearing into the moving crowd.

Trollex tried to escape, hitting some zombie with his powerfull fishtail, protecting his friends.

- RUN, RUN! He screamed, causing a young funk troll to run away

When a zombie grabbed him, holding him and preventing him from following the kid. Trollex was struggling with all his might, glaring at the rock troll who approached him:

- Hey dude! Are you trying to run away? The party has just started!

- Queen Barb .... Trollex growled.

The rock troll smiled at hi , watching him and letting her fingers brush the magic strings on her guitar. Fear tried to overwhelm him, but he didn't let it show. He puffed out his chest, looking at the queen with determination.

- I have a question for ya ... Barb continued, smiling, It turns out that one of your friends was here ... known as QueenPoppy.

Trollex wasn't surprised, he had heard the rumors that Barb was looking for the Queen of Pop in particular ... The techno troll leader replied:

- Why tell you where she is?

Barb raised an eyebrow. She laughed and approach her face to him:

- I want her name on your fishtail, it's not obvious ?

Everyone knew the meaning of these words: the king's fin was covered in words of hope and the name of the missing ones written by the trolls to relieve their pain .... He had this idea when a little pop troll had surprised the king writing the name of the one he had been looking for for years on his fin ...

A rush of adrenaline overwhelmed him, with a scream of rage, he hit the queen in the face with his fish tail, causing the zombie to let go of him before the techno troll fleeing into the forest.

* * *

- Shhh! Poppy again forced Branch to hide with her, under a torn tent.

A buzzing sound echoed above them: Poppy knew that noise, and she knew that the voices they heard accompanied by the buzz were two enemy trolls ...

Soon, two thorn-covered critters landed on the ground, two rock trolls go down from their backs, looking around them. Poppy motioned for Branch not to make any noise, as she could feel him shaking with fear against her little body.

The two rock trolls began to discuss:

- I don't understand why Queen Barb is sending us here ... this camp is completely empty! Even those pop trolls aren't stupid enough to come back here after the attack, the first one said, he was a male, with messy dark blue hair, almost black.

- Do you want my opinion ? We just have to stay here a few minutes to see then ..

- Aooooow.....

Poppy immediately placed one of her hands over Branch's mouth and he stopped his crying. The two rockers turned their gaze to their hiding place, frowning.

- Did you hear that? Asked the other, a female who have a smell strong of cheese.

"Don't come here ... don't come here ..." Poppy prayed intently.

But of course, they slowly approached the destroyed tent where Branch and Poppy were hiding, wanting to check what was that sound. One of them leaned down and ...

- RUN ! Poppy screamed, hitting the troll in the face with her pink hair before running away, followed by Branch.

Despite his hurt leg, the gray troll ran surprisingly fast and passed her in a matter of seconds, still straying not too far from her. The two trolls took a few seconds to realize what was going on before they started chasing after them. Branch barked to tell Poppy to run the faster she can, his plush raccoon still in his mouth.

Unfortunately, the queen's cape got stuck in a bush. By the time she tried to free herself, the two rock trolls had surrounded her, leaving her no possibility of run away.

- So, what are you going to do now little miss pinky? Asked the male, his powerful body would have no trouble breaking all of her bones..

- B-BRANCH! She screamed her friend name, not knowing what else she can do, still trying to free herself and holding the precious egg to her heart

- What is that ? An egg ? The female laughed, Who is Branch? Looks like he left you ... What a pathetic father ...

Poppy blushed slightly, raising her eyebrows, knowing that Branch was far from be the father of that egg.

The puppy troll had finally noticed that Poppy was no longer following him, he glanced over his shoulder ... and he saw her, the two bad trolls approaching her, one of them holding a guitar, ready to play some lightning to hurt her like they did to him...

- ARMADO ! HERE ! 

the poor troll let out a cry as this troll yelled at him, to punish him he pulled at his hair, preventing it from moving. Then he took out again this object of which he was so afraid to hit him ...

- AOOW! He let out a cry

A shiver of anger ran through him from the tips of his hair to his toes, a growl escaped his throat: no one would hurt her. NO ONE would ever touch one signle of her pink hair while he was there.

He had promise himself to protect her, and that's what he was going to do.

He dropped his chew toy on the ground, letting his cute side away for now and running to the two trolls who scared the one who had saved him. He barked several times, growling to the rock trolls who were forced to walk away when Branch placed in front of the queen of pop who was still trying to free herself.

- Uh ... I'm not sure this troll is the f-father after all ... the female giggled nervously as Branch growled louder, forcing her to step back.

- Well, I'm not afraid of you! The male said, pointing his guitar at the gray troll.

Branch barked again, Poppy knew what this troll was about to do. Finally, she managed to untie her cape at the exact moment when the male troll began to play the notes of a melody...

- NO ! She said and threw herself in front of Branch before receiving the hit.

-------

Hehe I love cliffhanger.

New cover for the book :D