~ Chapter 3 ~

TWANK !

- AOOOOOWWWW !!! Something howl in pain.

Poppy froze, widening her eyes in terror. She had recognized the sound of a trap which had been activated and had just caught something ... and this something growled and scratched the ground a few meters from her.

Slowly, trying to slow her panic breathing, the pop queen rose on her trembling legs. She turned her head as gently as possible to look behind the tree where she was. There, a few meters away like she had supposed, the rope of the trap was stiff as something was pulling on with all its might to free itself.

Her heart was beating at a mile an hour while she panicked slightly; the creature was hiding by the tall grass for now, making it invisible. All Poppy heard was growls and groans of pain.

And she advanced.

She didn't know why, but she moved on. One foot in front of the other, sneaking silently until what the trap had captured. Her heart was beating faster and faster, her breathing was more and more going fast as well... Finally, she found herself just in front of it, still hidden by tall grass .... She took a deep breath ...

Suddenly, she spread the tall grass.

What she saw froze her.

A troll, a gray troll who stared at her in terror

A troll, a gray troll who stared at her in terror. At first, she thought he was a zombie, because of how he was dressed ... but his blue eyes diving into hers immediately told her that he wasn't a zombie, not even a rock troll.

The poor boy was tied up.

The two trolls remained frozen for a moment, staring at the other in surprise before the male began to growl at the queen of pop. Poppy stepped back, and went back behind the tree, thinking that if he hadn't been trapped he would surely jump on her .... the only thing she was sure was that this troll was not like others.

The adrenaline had dropped so quickly, she just fell unconscious behind the tree. Believing that she was gone, the wild troll started to growl and scratch the ground again, trying to escape.

When QueenPoppy woke up again, it was still night. It took a moment to remember what had just happened ... She got up again and listened; she couldn't hear him anymore ... was he gone?

To make sure, she went back to where the poor troll had been caught. This time, she slowly pushed aside the tall grass, and she saw him, still traped and lying on the ground, uttering little whimpers of despair and pain. At this sight, the heart of the pink troll broke into a thousand pieces. No matter who he was, she knew he shouldn't be in that trap right now.

So she slowly approached him. Too exhausted, he looked at her, crying like a puppy would in fear because there was nothing else he could do.

- Shhh ... She murmured, poor boy, this is not your lucky day, is it? ...