~ Chapter 15 ~

- It worked ? She asked

The troll in front of her nodded nervously, answering that question she had so often heard a no ... well, finally the void in her would be filled.

- Well ... let's go visit them ... she said as a smile slowly crept across her face.

*

" I love you "

He loved her.

Those were the words that had been repeating in Poppy's mind from the start of the journey ... The snow was falling on the group of trolls walking through the mountains, following the direction the tracker was pointing them to to find the funk trolls' old ship. ... in spite of everything, those words were spinning in her mind without stopping, refusing to leave her alone... but the important thing was their mission, she had to save her peoples.

Okay you win... she was afraid of losing him.

His words he had said to her ... it scared her.

Because everyone she loved ... Barb had taken them away from her, what if she took Branch too? ... She couldn't loose someone more.

With her hand, se discreetly wiped away her frozen tears, she had given no answer to those words, and Branch said nothing either, respecting her silence; maybe she doesn't know the word like him ? It was okay for him; he was with her, faithful, holding the rope tied at her waist to guide her through the mountains.

- Guys look ! Maya exclaimed suddenly

Poppy looked up, and what she saw left her speechless: in front of them, as big as a mountain spike was the gigantic funk trolls' spaceship. The other trolls in the group were also speechless ... until Branch bark out loud and rush off to the ship, pulling Poppy behind him as she laughed.

Prince D soon managed to find a way to get inside the ship so everyone could have a shelter from the cold ... they had to figure out how to get this thing to work, because even if it couldn't fly anymore, they would stay there some days and they would need heat and light.

Luckily for them, Trollex quickly repaired the current and the lights of the large ship came on, activating gravity by the same situation; Branch squealed as he was bring away from the ground.

- Oops ! Darnell laughed when he saw his friends floating around, let me fix it ...

He pressed a button and everyone get back to the ground slowly. Branch laughed and, after lovingly licking Poppy's face, rush off again to explore.

- We should start explore here too, Hickory explained; we have to start creating medicine thrower... do you still have the plans? Who has the plans?

Mr. Dinkles stuck his head out of a bag and the plans in his mouth.

- Thank you, Hickory raised an eyebrow, well let's see ...

It would be quite simple; it was like a water pistol with a duplicator; so they could spray magic potions on the zombies and the duplicator will prevent them from running out of medicine. They had to find the necessary parts in the ship to manufacture not far from ...

- ... 6 pistols! Trollex said

- You mean 5, Branch can't hold one, Hickory laughed.

Poppy smiles slightly; yet he was quite capable of holding her hands and dancing with her ... NO POPPY, mission first !

- Maybe we could try to improve our techniques, Poppy suggested; when we were together in the forest we learned some fighting tactics ... it could be good to adapt them for the volcano.

- Perfect ! Maya commented, enthusiastically, let's go get some pieces to craft those medice pistols !

... YEAH THIS IS A STORY OF A FAMOUS DOG !

Everyone jumped and turned their heads to the music that had just played; it was Branch who had accidentally pressed a button. hearing the dog sounds that accompanied the song, Branch barked too, everyone started laughing.

The first day went well, they found some piece to make the pistols and two duplicators .... and it did not take them more than 3 days to have all the equipment built, and to start training.

....

In a large spaceship simulator room, Branch and Poppy were side by side. The Queen held one of the pistols in her hands, while Branch, on all fours, was growling heavily beside her.

Then a false enemy appeared behind them.

- Catch ! Poppy shouted at her friend.

Branch understood the order easily; in a control jump, he fell on the false zombie and knocked him down to the ground, Poppy then used the remedy on the illusion and the zombie troll disappeared from Branch's grip; they had trained a lot and they mastered almost perfectly any kind of situation.

Except a certain one...

Branch had to climb a rock to throw a zombie in front of Poppy ... but Poppy missed her target. Normally, Branch had to jump on the zombie to knock it down, they had chosen this strategy.

But Branch awkwardly jumped up and rolled down the rock, dragging Poppy down with him. They rolled around in the dust for a moment and when they finally stopped, Branch found himself on top of her. The two breathless trolls gazed into each other, making sure no wounds were on their partner's face ... They looked each others lips for a few seconds ...

When the scenery around them vanishes.

Trollex was entering the room, smiling broadly;

- Are you guys coming ? Dinner is ready !

The two furiously blushing trolls got up to join their friends.

...

After eating, the trolls went to bed for the night.

Tomorrow ... Tomorrow they would leave for the final part of the mission, tomorrow would be the big step that would decide everything. It would be rock music against harmony.

Poppy had just woken up from a nightmare ... she was terrified, would they make it ? She was curled up in her blankets, and that's when she realized ... where was Branch ?

- Branch? She whispered.

No response ... worried, the pink troll looked at the sleeping figures, none was that of her precious companion; her heart began to beat faster; where was he ? She refused to lose him too !

- Wake up ! Poppy shook Hickory's arm, her voice shaking with sobs, where is Branch ? Wake up guys Branch is gone !

- Branch disappeared ? Repeated Maya, are you sure ?

Poppy had proof of that; she had just noticed Bandit left alone in a corner; Branch wouldn't have left without his racoon plush alone in the dark. Understanding the concern of the pink troll, the group set about looking for the gray troll.

- I'll see in the simulation room, okay ? Maya reassured the queen, maybe he just decide to go tra...

And it was when the familiar buzz of flying bugs from rock trolls and Branch's ferocious barks echoed outside.