~ Chapter 21 ~

Branch was so shocked that he did not notice that Riff had let go and ran away, pushing King Thrash's wheelchair in front of him.

The lava from the volcano flowed dangerously along the rock walls. Branch cried with fear, began to back down... But he stopped suddenly, he had just remembered something, someone who was still in the volcano.

Without even thinking, Branch rushed inside, towards the throne room. Most of the Trolls who ran the other way to escape had not even noticed the puppy troll rushing head down to a certain death.

Except, of course, only one person.

- WHERES BRANCH?? Poppy screamed, panicked, but Hickory shrugged, before escaping with the others.

The pink troll began to turn her head in all directions; Where was he right now ?? It was at this moment she saw him going into the volcano:

- BRANCH!!! She screamed before she followed him, without thinking.

She still had the strings with her, place on the guitar she wore on her back. Soon a pile of rocks fell behind her, blocking the only exit.

Poppy didn't even pay attention to it, well decide to find Branch. Soon, the air fills with smoke fills her lungs, making her cough hard.

- BRANCH! She called again the gray troll, looking for him in the traped room.

But she suddenly had to throw herself on the side to avoid a burning projector that fell on her. At once, the guitar fall from her back and was crushed under the weight of the projector.

But she didn't even realize it... Branch's life was far more important than the magical music strings that had just burned in the flames.

Nearby, Branch was running as fast as he could between the debris. Soon he entered the throne room, And he saw it; there, the egg was in its cage above the wildfire.

- I'M COMING! He shouted at the not born baby, then jumped on the wall to reach the cage.

It was covered in ash and coughing hard as Branch caught the cage and went down to the ground, running towards the exit... But seeing that the rocks had fallen and blocked any possibility of escape, he let out a whimper of fear.

When suddenly

- B-BRANCH, WHERE ARE YOU?? A coughing voice that he would have recognized anywhere called him.

Poppy was here.

He quickly opened the cage where the egg was locked, hid it in his hair, sheltered from smoke and flames. Then he looked for her, going back into the debris to find her. He began to bark with all his might, his heart pounded in fear; where was she?

- POPPY!! He screamed when he finally saw her.

She turned to him, he was there, a few meters from her. Tears came to her eyes as she ran towards him, Branch rising on both of his legs as she threw herself into his arms.

- Branch! I'm so sorry for what I said, I shouldn't have push you away like I did !! I... I should of listen to you ! I am so so sorry Branch !

Tears flowed down his cheeks as he buried his face in her neck, sobbing and tightening his grip on her. He didn't want to let go, he would never run away from her again.

But their reunion moment was soon cut off by another pile of burning debris that he was about to fall on them. Poppy uttered a scream of fear as Branch pushed her out of harm's way.

Growling, she opened her eyes again, the heat sweltering and the smoke gave her another coughing. Branch was in front of her, asked her if she was okay.