~ Chapter 19 ~

In the corridor leading to the dungeons of the volcano, there was complete silence.

A guard, armed with an electric guitar, stood there despite their daily nervousness caused by the cruel and frightening environment in which he had lived for so many months ... His heart was therefore found to clench with guilt when he suddenly heard someone crying in one of the cages plunging into darkness;

- It hurts !! King Trollex's voice whimpered in pain.

The guard turned to the prison where the techno troll was, shaking and holding his hurt fishtail against him.

- I uh ... are you okay? Asked the rock troll, his sentimental side taking over the sight of this distressed troll.

He quietly approached Trollex; what would the queen say if she saw him worrying about one of their prisoners ? It was so dark in the corner of the dungeons that the guard could only see the fluorescent figure of the techno troll, his hands stained with blood.

- Okay, that looks bad ... whispered the guard.

He didn't know what to do ... Should he help this rebel ? Or let him suffer all alone in his corner ? From this angle, the answer seemed obvious to him:

- Welp ... let me help you, I'm going to open the door very slowly ...

But he regretted his choice, because the moment he opened the cage with a loud squeak, another troll, Maya, jumped on him and traped him against the wall, putting her hand over his mouth to prevent him from speaking.

- You will listen to me very carefully, she whispered, you will very kindly give me the keys to the cages and leave without saying a word ... Otherwise, I make sure that you suffer for the rest of your days ! ...

As if to prove it to him, she lifted her hand tightly in front of him, ready to punch him. The guard was tempted to laugh ... Until he noticed the scary glare that Trollex was giving him, now standing behind the little pop troll.

- Uh I uh- okay! Okay ! He handed them the keys to the cages.

- Thank you ! Maya thanked him politely with a big smile before going to open Poppy's cage.

It only took another threatening glance from Trollex for the guard to pass out in fear.

- Good job ! Poppy exclaimed as she got out of her cage, part 2 !

Seeing the agitation, several of the prissoners raised their eyes; escaping trolls ? Woah.

- Trolls! Poppy called the prisoners, today is the big day, help me turn things around!

Hickory had just pressed a button that opened all the cages at once ... But to their surprise, all the trolls did not moved an inch.

- Why try, Poppy? Delta's voice suddenly echoed, we have already lost the battle ...

Lost ?! Today was their chance! Today they would save the music! All the music!

- Guys, don't give up now! We have a plan, and the first one step... This is to convince yourself that you are UNBREAKABLE !

Then, as other trolls looked up, Poppy began to sing;

There's always gonna be someone tryna tear you down
Mocking you for some mistakes, oh
There's always gonna be someone messing your head around
Watching you to see you break, sooo !

Some trolls exchanged glances; the rock trolls had discouraged and belittled them for who they were ... But should they give up now ?

Don't you let em call you out
Brush away the shame and doubt
Remember what you're all about and then

Show 'em who you are
Show 'em that you're strong
Show 'em that you know where you belong
Open up their eyes, force 'em all to see
Let 'em know you are and you'll always be...

Caught by the rhythm, the trolls began to bang the bars of the cage to be part of the pink troll's song ...

Unbreakable, unbreakable
Unbreakable, unbreakable, yeah!

There's always gonna be someone saying you're something less... A funk troll sang sadly.

Let 'em talk, you know your heart, oh! Poppy sang and help them get up.

There's always gonna be someone calling you second best... A classic little troll sadly played his broken violin.

Shut 'em down, don't fall apart, no! Poppy helped them to fly again.

Don't you let 'em in your head
Doesn't matter what they said
Get up on your feet instead, and then

Show 'em who you are
Show 'em that you're strong
Show 'em they've been seeing you all wrong
Open up their minds, throw away the key
Tell 'em that you are and you'll always be...

- GUYS SHHH, we gonna brings the guards here and Lee was getting tired of write the lyrics!

Everyone turned to Prince D whispering "sorry!". The trolls still had to regain their courage.

• ♡ •

His hands and feet burned as he ran as fast as he could, his heart beating faster ... Branch was exhausted, it was a relief when he saw Rock Volano City in front of him. The wild troll let out a growl, frowning and showing teeth; however, he had to remain discreet, he should not be spotted by the rockers.

He stepped forward quietly, using the rocks as a hiding place; there, the entrance, guarded by two guards. Branch began to think, how to pass ? He looked around for a solution... there ! He just had to climb up to that hole in the wall, just above the rocks trolls.

As silent as a predator chasing its prey, the puppy troll moved towards another rock, just next to the wall. Trying to be as discreet as possible, then climbed onto the wall. Suddenly, a few stones tumbled down the wall, but the guards did not hear him. Branch sighed in relief and, wiping the sweat off his forehead, walked up the wall to reach the hole.

As he tried to get there, he could hear the guards talking… thanks to Poppy, he could now understand what they were saying ;

- ... Concert ... Queen Barb will start soon ... in rocks Trolls ... Branch recognized those words from what the first guard was saying.

- ... going to get ... in the dungeons ... we have Queen Poppy! ... Rock wins tonight ...

Branch had to control himself from letting out an angry growl; if he had understood correctly, Barb had organized a concert, and was going to transform the trolls they had captured during it... it would be the end of diversity, there would be only Rock. Poppy was in the dungeons with the other prisoners; so he had to go there.

He entered through the hole; his body got stuck for a moment but he managed to free himself, luckily.

He was in a dark room; we couldn't see anything here ! He leaned down to sniff the ground ... nothing, the ashes prevented him from orienting himself to the smell. How to find the exit ? He had his answer; when he sat down, the echo echoed in the half-light ... He would use hearing and touch !

With his foot, Branch hit the floor several times, letting the vibrations echo and sound hit the walls, after a few minutes he was able to make a mental map of the room; the exit was to the right, a few meters from him.

Branch took that direction ... and soon the light came on. He therefore began to run to find himself in a large room, the dungeons ! But...

... The question now was, where was Poppy and the others?

The dungeons were completly empty !!