~ Chapter 9 ~

THAT FANART IS SO ADORABLE THANK U 🥺🥺🥺 (Made by RafaKetchum)

----

The fire was dead and Branch and Poppy were still cuddling together, sleeping in each other arms.

It was the rays of the sun that tickled the pink troll's nose and woke her up. She opened her eyes and looked at the puppy troll that was snuggled against her, growling in his sleep. Poppy smiled, he was probably dreaming he was chasing a butterfly or something like that; he was waving his "paws" as if he were running ... but in reality he ended up banging his head against the queen's head hard unwittingly, suddenly jumping.

- Aooooo ... He growled, Poppy laughed as she rubbed her forehead too;

- Good morning sleepy boy, did you sleep well? She asked him

In response, Branch stretched, yawning widely. He sniffed around him, like he was looking for something as Poppy ran her fingers through her pink hair, trying to put it back in order. Then seeing Branch approach the egg, she looked at him ...

To her surprise, Branch sniffed the shell, then walked away.

"He didn't even attempt to touch it…" Poppy noticed, he had listened to her.

Poppy had continued to clean up all traces of the camp when a sound surprised her; his friend's stomach had just grumbling very loudly, disturbing him. He turn on himself, trying to sniff his stomach before looking up at the pink troll.

- Aooow? The puppy troll gave a confused little sound.

- You're just hungry, Poppy explained to him, wait, I'll give you some berries ...

She rummaged in her bag ... to realize that she had not had time to catch the berries in their rush to ran away from the camp destroyed by the rock trolls. She stroked the shell of the egg and turned her sorry gaze to her friend:

- Sorry, I don't have the berries ...

Branch made another confused sound. She giggled softly as he walked over to sniff her face, as if he was looking for any trace of a sweet smell, but she had nothing for him to eat, unfortunately;

- Find, he said still, then moved away into the vegetation of the forest.

She raised an eyebrow, shrugged and then continued with her work, she knew he wouldn't go too far from her, so she wasn't worried. A few minutes later, Branch came back, his cheeks puff up and his head going in all directions. Poppy frowned; what was wrong with him? Was he trying to dance or something?

- What do you have in your mouth? She asked him, narrowing her eyelids.

Finally he opened his jaws slightly and what she saw horrified her; he had a little green firefly in his mouth !! Branch noticed her panicking gaze and spat the firefly out of his mouth which flew away happily. The gray troll looked up at her;

- Ew, he told her and went back to the forest.

These words relieved the pink troll who had just understood; he was only trying to figure out what she liked to eat. It was true that some creatures ate others, and Branch had considered all the options, simply ... Besides, his disgusted look made it clear that he hated eating cute fireflies too.

It was when Poppy had finished cleaning that Branch came up with another option on the breakfast menu: a large white worm dripping with pink slime. But the look they exchanged made it clear that there was no way to eat this gooey beast in any situation. Branch hastened to let it go and begged Poppy to give him some water to get rid of the awful taste he had in his mouth.

When Branch was relieved of the worm slime taste, Poppy followed him in his hunting trip, and she couldn't help but be impressed; the gray troll was an incredible hunter. Luckily, every prey he caught could walk away with not a single hurt, as if it was a game he shared with the forest creatures who walked away laughing when he let them go.

At one point, Branch suddenly changed direction, and jumped into a bush ... Poppy tried to follow him, but he came back ahead with a berry-covered branch in his mouth.

- Good boy! Come here, who's a good boy, huh? You're a good boy !!! She congratulated him and leaned over as he hopped happily over to her, happy to have found her something to eat.

They shared the few berries they had and decided to find more for the long journey that awaited them.

• ♡ •

In the trolls rock's VolcanoCity, the news had just been announced to QueenBarb; his hunter was with the queen of pop, still nowhere to be found.

All the prisoners who tried to sleep were unable to do so; the music Barb was playing was way too loud, their eardrums were painfully torture to the rhythm of the queen of rock's anger.

I can't get no satisfaction
Cause I try and I try and I try and I try
I can't get no, I can't get no !

- NEVER ! NO SATIFACTION! She screamed in rage, smashing a 5th guitar on the hot rocky ground.

At the same time, someone entered the room, catching Barb's attention with his trembling scream. The dull lilac troll turned to her assistant;

- WHAT IS IT AGAIN, RIFF? She screamed at him.

The poor troll's ears drooped slightly in pain, the music continuing to play full blast throughout the volcano.

- I uh ... I HAVE TO TELL YOU S-SOMETHING! He screamed at the top of his lungs, trying to make himself heard.

- WHAT? SAY THAT AGAIN ! She asked, cause she hadn't heard anything, beginning to be impatient.

- TURN THE M-MUSIC OFF !!! Riff yelled in his shaky voice, pointing at the speakers.

Finally, she yanked the thread off and the din ceased. The room was already littered with debris from objects she had already broken violently... why was that anger still inside her, why? She was queen, queen of all Trolls Kingdoms, and yet she was never satisfied, there was always that black void in her that she was trying to fill ... but nothing was succeeding.

And, she believed it was because the Queen of Pop was still not in her claws.

If only she had tried to listen, right?

She still had her threatening gaze on the drummer, waiting for a good explanation for interrupting her let-out-anger-moment. Trembling violently, Riff motioned for the two trolls behind him to come join him.

- I uh ... we have n-news of the search for Q-QueenPoppy ... He announced to her.

A smile spread across her face.