✘1.31

Jisoo had found herself outside of the large building, sat on a bench as she watched people excitedly walk inside, ranging from couples to families and friends

A nostalgic smile grazed her lips as she watched them, remembering her family who she used to spend a lot of her time with and her friends who would keep her company.

The cold that had seemed pretty mild at first to the girl had now left her face in a state of numbness, the bridge of her nose spreading over her cheeks hued red and her lips pink from the way she anxiously bit them.

Her legs were outstretched in front of her as she sat near the edge of the bench- hands clasped in her lap as the bitter wind skimmed past her face and carried through her hair.

The sun still shone brightly, mercilessly even though the air was icy cold, causing her to squint once the rays hit her.

Before Jisoo lifted her hand to shield her eyesight, the beaming rays of light ceased from her sight and a darkness loomed in front of her.

Blinking a few times and eyes drifting up to his face, Jisoo saw Renjun standing in front of her- hand outstretched with an object in them.

She glanced at the white polystyrene cup with the black lid, to which she assumed held a hot drink inside.

Meeting his eyes once more, she hesitantly reached out and grasped it in her hand- bringing into both of her hands as she set it on her lap.

"Thank you." She said softly, her voice always genuine and kind despite anything that happened.

A silence fell upon them afterwards, not that Jisoo particularly minded as she watched strangers interact within their groups or walking towards the building by themselves.

Renjun took an awkward seat next to the girl, an obvious gap between them as he strayed to the end.

"...Sorry for being so harsh."

He was looking everywhere but her, almost as if he was pretending he didn't just apologise to her, feeling the weight of her stare on him.

"It's fine." She replied, about to take a sip from the drink.
Renjun briefly glanced at her, his fast reflexes acted in reaching his hand out and loosely grabbing onto her wrist.

Her pure, gleaming doe like eyes flickered up to his own in surprise.
"It's still hot- you'll burn your mouth." He said, warning her.

She nodded, realising that she wasn't able to just drink it straight away like she did in heaven.

Renjun removed his hand from her skin, placing it in his lap as he looked away from her and towards the direction of the masses of people entering.

"I know I'm not an Angel anymore, you're right I can't be seen with them- but it doesn't mean that my feelings suddenly disappear." She began, choosing her words wisely.