✘1.33

The steam of the hot water Jisoo had been standing in had now created a film of condensation to fog up on the mirror

Wrapping a towel around her body as she stepped out, making sure to not slip on the ground.
Jisoo walked to the mirror which was now clearing up of the fog, allowing her to now begin to towel dry her hair gently.

Turning around to grab her underwear and clothes- the girl caught sight of the two deeply engraved scars running down the sides of her back.

She immediately halted, her gut wrenching and a sudden wave of nausea began to fall over her.

The girl had been avoiding the marks of her wings, not wanting to see it but now that she had- Jisoo felt even more helpless than ever.

A turmoil of the darkness she had fallen into that night had loomed over her, stripped of everything she had ever known and labelled as a sinful outcast.

She wiped the hot falling tears with the back of her hand- sniffing and turning away from the mirror to put her clothes on as she ignored the tears stinging at her eyes.

It was almost as if she could feel the scars tingling as if the sensation was teasing her into remembering she had failed at being something she grew up loving. Jisoo felt like she was betraying everyone and that feeling churned at her stomach.

She hadn't spoken a word to anyone as she walked through the halls later that morning, the thoughts and the image engraved into her mind.

The scars were so vivid, they were still outlined in red and deeply engraved into her skin.

She felt ugly.

The sound of melodious laughter familiar to her ears brought her to look up, seeing the Angels who she used to spend most of her time with but now she couldn't even do that.

Jisoo stopped in the middle of the hall, watching them with a sadness swirling in her eyes. She was hopeful to believe that everything would turn back to normal and she could embrace her family and friends again.

"Chenle..." She whispered out, watching as he laughed alongside Jeno. "Jeno, Jaemin...Mark." Jisoo could feel the oxygen in her lungs lessen, an overwhelming feeling pursuing itself.

The black haired Angel Chenle had briefly glanced up, catching the sight of Jisoo standing in the hallway to which he immediately smiled at her.

Heart clenching painfully in her chest, Jisoo blinked back the years sparking and she couldn't help but to begin running towards the boy- her jacket sliding off her shoulder as she ran past the Demon who was about to converse with her.

Renjun's hand was extended out, ready to shake the girl into consciousness again but instead the scent of her conditioner wafted over to him.

Jisoo had ran straight towards the Angels- wasting no time in wrapping her arms around Chenle's neck- the height difference causing her feet to lift off the floor as Chenle immediately embraced her back.

"Noona..." Chenle began, worry present in his voice as he placed his warm gentle open palm on the back of her head as she sniffled into his chest. "What happened?"

Jeno frowned at the sight, sharing a glance of sympathy with Jaemin.
"I'm sorry." She said, her emotion stricken voice trembling and muffled by Chenle's shirt.

"Sorry for what Noona? You didn't do anything, please don't cry okay? I don't like to see you cry." He whispered at the end with his own hurt begining to pull at him.

Jisoo lifted her eyes, gleaming teary eyes gazing up at Chenle as she bit back her tears.
"It's all my fault, you can't even be seen with me but-"

The pad of Chenle's thumb brushed away the tear that cascaded down her flushed cheek.
"I missed you." He admitted, voice wavering.

This made Jisoo let out a breath of air that was followed by a small cry that made her shoulders shake.
"I missed you too."

Chenle smiled down at her, stretching on his pink lips as he gave a gentle ruffle to her hair.

"It doesn't matter about the rules, we're willing to break one just for you. We want to be able to be around you, it's not right to forbid us from seeing you." Jeno interjected and Jisoo looked back to see Jeno and Jaemin there.

A sad smile graced her lips as she turned around to bring them both into a hug.
"I missed you guys so much." She whispered, they were a part of home- a life she could never get back.

Jisoo turned to Chenle as he handed her something, she looked down at his hand and gasped.

She blinked back her tears as her vision adjusted to the object in his hand.
It was a ring, a simple ring with the pendant of Angel wings- one she had been given when she was promised a position of being a guardian Angel.

She was so close, so close to her dream.

It had her initials engraved into it and Jisoo had to put a hand over her mouth to stop herself from breaking down into relentless cries.

Her small fisted hand encased over Chenle's sleeve, looking up at him with desperation and pain filled tears.

"I just want to go home."

Her voice fell into a whisper and Chenle's adams apple bobbed as he tried to stop himself from becoming emotional, instead he smiled at her.
"You will, I promise you that you'll go home again one day."

🥺

🥺