✘1.45

I know we're not perfect but I've never felt this way for anyone

As his body stood in the hallway of the homely yet spacious house, Renjun's gaze succinctly observed the coordinated various picture frames hug on the light grey painted walls

Hesitant with his steps as he was an outsider in an unknown house, his heightened hearing caught onto the sound of footsteps rounding the corner to which he turned his head.

"You must be Renjun."
The weary yet articulated voice of a woman who stood by the living room door which was the first turn from the hallway, made Renjun look over.

Her purple eyes which immediately narrowed his way entailed to the fact she was most likely checking if he was a threat.

"Hello," he began, bowing out of respect as Aera hummed.
"So, what time are you having her back by?" She questioned and Renjun paused.

"Um, whenever she wants to come home I guess." He shrugged and Aera deadpanned stared at him and he wondered if he said something wrong. "Unless she has to be home?"

"No she doesn't but I'm glad you put her decision and needs before your own- do you like Jisoo?" She questioned promptly and Renjun stared at the woman who raised her brows at him.

He was partially taken back by her straightforwardness and he opened his mouth to speak.
"No I don't-"
"Hm, as expected- I've never met a truthful demon." She muttered, knowing that she had just read his mind with a simple spell.

There was an awkward silence that fell over the air and it was thankfully ceased by jovial footsteps padding down the stairs.

Jisoo had a smile on her lips as she hurried down the steps with a melodious hum, obviously excited.

"Jisoo!" A voice called out from upstairs, leaning over the railing to gain her attention and the girl halted, glancing up at Heesung.

"Can I borrow your conditioner?"
The girl nodded and he immediately hurried off and she laughed breathily under her breath before she reached the last step and glanced up.

As she met the demon's eyes, she sent him her usual bright smile, the apples of her cheeks rounded and the intents of her dimples showing

"Jisoo, be careful okay?" Aera spoke before shooting a narrowed look towards the strong Demon presence in her house.

"I will Aera don't worry!" Jisoo exclaimed as she tied the laces of her trainers and pushed her phone into the pocket of her jacket.

The fallen walked over towards the door in which Renjun lingered by, urging him out with a gentle nudge of her hand on his arm.

"Bye!" She called out to Aera and Renjun bowed slightly as the excited girl hurried out of the door with the late night air skimming past her.

"You seem happy." He spoke, eyeing her as she hadn't stopped smiling and now looked up at the velvet black sky decorated in bright stars and the illuminating crescent moon.