Chapter 9

~~~~~Major Time Skip.. because why not?~~~

I sighed as I stared at the ceiling in my bedroom. It has been three years since Sasuke and Naruto left. Pinky trains with Lady Tsunade and sometimes asks me for help. Most of the time, I'm on missions, talking to Obito, or hanging with Kakashi.

"I'm home," Kakashi said as he walked into the house.

"How was the mission?"

"It wasn't too bad," he said before plopping on the bed, then pulling down his mask and kissing me. I happily kissed back and smiled.

"It's been three years," I said while laying on Kakashi.

"Yea, kind of lonely without them, right?"

I nodded. "Think the Akatsuki will strike soon?"

"I hope not," Kakashi said.

"Well, we can't just live in the dark. They're gonna go after Naruto sooner or later, so-"

"Let's not talk about this right now," Kakashi said before rolling on top of me and kissing me.

~~~~~~~~

I woke up later that night, tears flowed freely from my eyes because of yet another dream about Obito. I looked down at my naked body, then looked over at Kakashi, who was sound asleep. I slowly got out of bed, holding onto one of the blankets to shield my naked body from the cold, and quickly got dressed. Then, as any sane person would do, I slowly opened the window and jumped out, before I took off running towards then Hokage's office.

"Sensai! What are you doing here?" Sakura said.

"I could be asking you the same thing."

"I'm still training," she said. I nodded. "Dont stay up too late," I said before walking away.

...

"Lady Tsunade, I'm here about what we discussed before."

"____, I dont think it's a good idea. Something could happen to you, people would see you as a rogue ninja- did you even talk to Kakashi about this?"

"I tried but," I paused. "Lady Tsunade, Naruto is my everything. I looked after Miss Kushina when she was pregnant, I was there, taking care of him when he was a baby, and I was there when he was still in the academy. I would do anything to make sure he's safe, even if it means risking my life, and status in the village."

"What if Naruto comes back and hears of your decision? What about Sasuke? I believe he still looks up to you if he sees that-"

"If I ever see Sasuke, I'd tell him the truth. I plan on leaving Kakashi and Naruto a note, and," I paused. "Once I join the Akatsuki, I want to get close to Itachi again, and I'll be a spy from the inside. As long as I can make sure Naruto is safe, then I'll be happy."

She sighed. "Give me some more time to think about it."

I nodded. "I'm grateful that you're even considering it. Have a good night," I said before walking away.