Chapter 20

"Pathetic."

"I really don't have time for this."

"What will you do when you come home?" Kakashi mocked. "Who will you pick?"

"You would never say that in real life."

Kakashi shrugged. "You cheating who-"

"Hey!" Obito exclaimed. "Stop that."

"Oh, so even in your subconscious, Obito is better than me? Do you still love him?"

"I love you both."

"Wakey wakey!"

"T-tobi?!"

"Wrong name."

I groaned and sat up. "Uh, right. Obito."

Obito chuckled. "Bad dream?"

"Uh, something like that?"

Obito chuckled and smiled at me.

"What's got you so happy?"

He shrugged. "I just feel," he paused. "Free. We're going to defeat Zetsu, then we'll go home." Obito grabbed my hands and grinned. "I don't know why I didn't see it before, but you're amazing, ____. I care about you a lot."

For a moment, my mind drifted to my dream.

"Who will you pick?" It seemed like a total punch in the face, like my subconscious is mocking me.

"Is something wrong?" Obito said.

"I-uh," I paused. "It's nothing," I said with a smile. "I've always loved you, Obito. You know that by now."

"Maybe things would be different if I had realized it back then."

"Maybe," I repeated. "So, where to next?"

"I want you to get as much as you can from Zetsu. I wanna know everything."

"I believe we know the important parts, so why?"

He shrugged. "Why me? Why Madara? Why does he need to bring back this Kaguya lady?"

"Circumstance," I said with a shrug. "He's been tryna get her back for forever. It just happened to be you and Madara that made it possible this time."

"I see," Obito muttered. "So, we're going to Suna then? To get Gaara's help?"

"I wish we wouldn't. but we'll have to, in order to seal them."

"I'll have to find a way to get all the Zetsu's in one place."

"Most importantly, that bastard who manipulated you, Black Zetsu."

"Yeah," Obito muttered. "Why don't we take the day off before we head off to Suna?

"The day off? I thought you wanted to get home?" I said while tilting my head to the side.

"I-" Obito paused. "Uh, I just want to relax before we save the world." He chuckled. "We can go to a local inn."

"Alright," I said. Obito helped me up and pulled his mask over his face.

"Tobi's back!"

I chuckled. "You're weird."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we checked into a room, I collapsed onto the bed and sighed. "This bed feels amazing,"

Obito plopped down next to me. "Yeah."

There was a moment of silence, and honestly, I started drifting off to sleep, until Obito spoke.

"___?"

"Hm?"

"When we get back home, you'll choose me, right?"

I sat up at this. "What do you mean?"

"You said "I love you both" In your sleep. Did you mean me and Kakashi?" He said.

"I-"

"I wanted to spend this day with you, because it may be the last day we'd get to just relax... together."

"Obito I-" I paused.

"To be honest, I'm afraid of your answer, and I know that dream upset you, so I can only imagine how this would affect you. But," Obito sighed. "Just know, I love you, _____. Being with you has literally changed my life, and now, I have hope again. I can push on and I can look towards a brighter future, all because of you."

I was speechless.

For almost my entire life, I dreamt of this. Of Obito coming back to me and confessing his love for me, but, now that it's actually happening, I feel joy, but also sadness.

"Obito," I said. I sat up and smiled. "I love you, I do. I just-"

"I know you were with Kakashi. You mentioned it before, and Naruto mentioned it too. I just," he trailed off. "I love you as well, and I want you to know that before we go through with this."

I sighed and pulled him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, and I sighed. "This would've been much more easier if you were still Tobi."

He chuckled. "Weren't you starting to like Tobi too?"

"It would've still been easier," I said.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be." I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Can I ask you something else?" Obito said.

"Sure."

"Have you ever- I mean are you-" He stuttered.

I chuckled. "What?"

"Have you had sex before?" He blurted out.

"What?" I said again. "What the hell would make you ask that?"

He shrugged. "Just.. curious. If you have, then it's most likely been with Kakashi, right?"

I sighed. "Yeah. Why do you ask?"

He shrugged. "I've never-"

"Oh," I said before I smirked. "You're what? 26? And still a virgin~"

"Shut up," he said. I looked up at him. He was definitely blushing. I smiled and kissed his cheek. "How innocent~"

"Shut up," he grumbled. I chuckled and laid back in bed. "Fine fine."

He laid next to me and I closed my eyes.

"What of we," he paused. "Ya know?"

"If you can't say it, you're not mature enough to do it," I said without opening my eyes.

"I want to have sex with you," he said.

"Why?"

"I love you. Mmm- well, I've been attracted to you since day one, so I did want to before but," he paused. "It feels a bit different now,"

"I don't know," I said.

"Well, think about it," he said. "I'm hungry."

"Same."

"Dangos?"

"Definitely," I said with a smile.