Chapter 14

The next day, Tobi and I checked in with Pain, only to be given another intel mission. This one was in the land of wind, a few days away from where we were.

.......

"Eugh- I got sand in my mouth," I said, spitting the sand out of my mouth.

Tobi chuckled. "See you should have a mask like Tobi."

"Nah, everyone should get to see my beautiful face," I said before flipping my hair over my shoulder, only to have it blown into my face by a strong gust of wind. Tobi laughed as I pulled the hair out of my face. "I hate it here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tobi?"

"Hm?"

"Where are you from? You know my past so... can I know something about you?"

"It's a secret~"

"Well, can I see your face? Or part of it?"

"Hmmmmmm."

"C'mon, Tobi! You know about my past and get to see my face every day!"

"Fine fine! Tobi will be fair," Tobi said before he listed his mask, showing his chin and lips. "There!" Tobi said with a grin. I raised an eyebrow. "Huh, kind of what I expected."

"Whaaatt? ___-chan did you peek at Tobi's face?"

I shook my head and gently caressed his bottom lip. "When you kissed me, part of your lip felt... different, so I expected some type of scars."

Tobi put his mask over his face and patted my head. "There, short one! Now we're even!"

"Screw you, Tobi!" Tobi giggled. "So, who are we gonna get the information from?"

"I got it, go get us some Dangos, I'll be right back."

Tobi stared at me for a moment before nodding. "Okay!"

~~~~~~~

I walked into the Kazekage's office and smiled. "Hey, Gaara."

"____! What a surprise."

I walked over to him and discreetly slid a note on his desk. "How are things going?"

Gaara glanced down at the note, then at me. I sat in a chair across from his desk and sighed. "Man, I've been traveling for, what seems like forever."

I watched Gaara open the note and read it.

Don't freak out or react. I've joined the Akatsuki to keep Naruto safe. Lady Tsunade knows about this, and I told Kakashi. They're looking for information about you. I assume it's because you're a jinchuriki. BE CAREFUL! Please.

Gaara looked at me and I smiled. "You've been traveling?"

"Yea, It's been pretty lonely without Naruto," I said before I activated my Kurome and looked him in the eye.

'You joined the Akatsuki?!' He thought.

'I have to keep Naru safe, and now I'm helping you. You can't tell anyone about this, though.' I thought... in his mind. I deactivated it and stood up. "Good talk, Gaara. I'm proud of you, and everything you've achieved," I said before leaving his office.

~~~~~~~

"You know the Kazekage?!" Tobi exclaimed.

"Uh," I said. "Why do you ask?"

"You just came out of the tower! Did you use your Kurome? Tobi think's you're so amazing!"

I chuckled. "Thanks. Well, our mission is complete. Want to check in or relax for a few days?"