chapter 24

My eyes shot open and I sat up. My stomach throbbed, and I groaned.

"Welcome to the land of the living," Lady Tsunade said with a smile.

"Lady Tsunade," I muttered. "What happened? How-" I winced from the stabbing pain.

"We have a lot to talk about, but first, rest up," she said. "I'm glad you're home, alive. And as for them-"

Then, the door slid open. Kakashi, Sakura, Naruto, and Obito stood at the door. "They were worried sick, even with their own injuries."

I noticed Kakashi and Obito's eyes were normal. No rinnegan. No sharingan.

"What happened?"

"You almost died!" Naruto exclaimed. He jumped onto my bed, and I groaned.

"Be careful!" Obito exclaimed.

"Naruto!" Sakura scolded.

Naruto hugged me tightly. "I was so worried. I missed you so, so much, ____." His voice cracked. I knew he was gonna cry.

I smiled and rubbed his back. "I'm home, now, so don't cry, Naruto."

"Don't tell me what to do," he sniffled, burying his face in my neck.

"I'm so relieved you're okay, sensei," Sakura said. "Now, we just need Sasuke back, and our team will be whole again."

"I don't wanna step in but-"

"Then don't," Kakashi said. "Obito."

"Kakashi," I said. "You-"

"We can talk about it another day," he said with a smile. "I'm just glad you're okay."

"Aww are they gonna kiss?" Sakura gushed. "How cute."

"Yeah," Naruto said. "Now that you're back, Kakashi sensei can stop moping around like a lost puppy."

"I did no such thing," Kakashi said.

"You're a liar!" Naruto exclaimed. "You were moping around, moaning about how much you missed ___-"

"Naruto!" Kakashi exclaimed.

"I'm just being HONEST!" Naruto exclaimed. He pointed at Obito. "And don't think you're off the hook either! You have some explaining to do!"

"Naruto, please," Sakura said. "You've been interrogating Obito since he brought ____ home."

"So, you brought me home?" I said. "What the hell happened?"

"Long story short," Obito said. "Black Zetsu is taken cared of."

"Sasuke helped!" Naruto exclaimed. "Then, he left again to kill Itachi."

"What the fuck?"

"You don't remember?" Obito said.

"No," I muttered. "I don't remember anything that happened."

"Do you remember anything from... before?" Obito said.

"Not at all," I said. "Last thing I remember is our conversation at the inn."

"Wow," Obito said.

"Maybe it's good she doesn't remember," Kakashi said.

"But, when did you-"

"I sent team seven to help you," Lady Tsunade said. "Apparently, you received assistance from the sand as well. The Akatsuki's whereabouts or new motives are unknown, and so are Sasuke's. Honestly, none of us know how or why he showed up."

I looked at Obito.

He shrugged. "Even I have no idea," he said.

"We should just be happy we're all home safe," Sakura said.

"We all know ___ won't b satisfied until she knows everything," Tsunade said. "As for Obito Uchiha," she continued. "He will be charged for his crimes against the leaf."

The room got real silent real fast.

"But," she continued. "His current actions in helping us, and the fact that he was misled by black Zetsu will be taken into account. I have granted him permission to visit you with Kakashi's supervision, though."

I blinked. "Uh, okay. And what about-"

"We lost the Sharingan during the fight," Obito said. "And black zetsu took my rinnegan."

"Luckily, Naruto was able to-"

"Naruto?!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, yeah! I'm friends with Kurama, ya know! And you missed so much. It was great timing, too. He has beef with Marada and Black Zetsu so we decided to team up and whoop ass!"

"Wait, but Madara-" I paused. "did he-"

"No," Obito said. "But there's still a chance he will be, which is why I asked Lady Hokage to look out for those who know the reanimation jutsu."

"This is all too much," I muttered. "I can't believe I don't remember what the hell happened."

"These things happen," Lady Tsunade said. "You were severely injured. I'm surprised you survived."

"Wow," I muttered. "This makes zero sense. I'm ready to go back into my coma, please."