Chapter 16

The next day, we were awoken by that leaf guy. I squealed in surprise and flashed my Kurome at him.

"Shit, Zetsu you scared the fuck out of me."

Zetsu stared at me for a moment. "Don't flash your eyes at me, girl," Black Zetsu hissed. "Aw, don't be like that. It was just out of defense."

"She can see memories, I'd rather not have her fishing through my mind."

"She wouldn't do that to us."

I chuckled. "Relax, Zetsu. I wouldn't do that to you guys."

"Yea, ____ respects us," Obito said.

"Your voice," White Zetsu said.

"Did you tell her?"

"Not everything, but she's on our side."

I nodded.

"I just wanted to check in on you, since you have to lay low for a while. Since nothing is going on, I'll leave you."

"Seems like you dont trust me," Obito said.

"I dont trust her. She's a leaf kunoichi; I still have doubt that she is really on our side."

I rolled my eyes. "As long as the nine tails jinchuriki is safe, I'll devote myself to your cause," I said.

Zetsu stared at me before he disappeared into the ground again. Obito sighed. "So, about last night-"

I shut him up by climbing onto his lap. I quickly activated my Kurome, then pressed my lips against his. Obito was shocked, obviously.

'We need to talk. There's so much that Zetsu is hiding, and I saw it. We can't talk now because he's still watching,' I thought in his mind.

'What do you mean? Can't you tell me now?'

'Gotta keep my Kurome activated to talk to you in your mind like this. It would look suspicious,' I thought as I wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. Obito put his hands on my waist.

'So, this is the best distraction you could think of?'

'Yea, it's the least suspicious,' I thought before I pulled away. "Shouldn't we get moving?"

Obito nodded before he slipped his mask on. "Where to?"

I stood up and stretched. "The nearby villages will have word about us soon enough," I paused. "Let's just float around for a bit."

Obito nodded and stood up. "Alright, sounds good."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somehow, a few days later, we ended up in the land of fire.

"Konoha isn't too far from here. Do you want to go home?"

"I don't think I have the heart to do what Itachi did," I admitted. "I wouldn't be able to keep up this act if I see Naruto, even though he knows that I didn't betray the leaf."

"I could go for some Ichiraku ramen. Plus, if someone is following us, they can't get past the barrier."

"True," I muttered. "Alright, let's go.

.....

That night, we snuck into the leaf and headed to my house.

"Why is the light on?"

"Dunno," I mumbled as I peeked inside the window. Inside, Naruto sat on the couch looking at a picture of us. My heart ached, and I sighed.

"What is it?" Obito asked.