Chapter 17

"____, get up!"

"Hm?"

"Wake up."

I groaned. "What, Obito?"

"Someone's here."

"It's probably Naruto."

"Go look."

"No," I mumbled. "Just let me sleep."

"___?" Naruto exclaimed from downstairs. "You still here?"

"It is Naru," I mumbled before I sat up. "What time is it?"

"Almost 4."

I rolled out of bed and stretched.

"____?" Naruto exclaimed. I walked out of my room and pushed the door closed. I walked down the steps and yawned loudly. "Well good morning to you too."

Naruto sighed in relief "I thought you left." I shook my head. "Nah, I was just asleep. We're having dinner, aren't we?"

"Yup! I bought pizza and soda and some games from my house."

I smiled. "Sounds fun. I'm gonna go shower first, okay?"

"Wait, I have something for you. I swear, I didn't tell him! I just," Naruto paused. "He saw me smiling and said I smelled like you up close. He said that if you are here, I should give you this." Naruto held out a piece of paper.

I took it. "It's alright. I'll be back in a bit," I said before I walked back upstairs. Once I got into the bathroom, I closed the door and sat on the toilet. Then, I opened the note.

Dear ____

Man, that was a bad start to a letter, so I'll just get right to it. I miss you, so much. I think about you every day and I can't wait for you to come home. When will you be back? I can only assume that Naruto saw you. He looked so happy, and I could smell you on him. I doubt that it was on purpose, but I understand that you decided to see him instead of me. I want to see you, but I know, if I did, it could ruin things for you or put you in danger. Sakura misses you too. By the way. She asks about you a lot.

Just please be safe and come home soon. Once you and Sasuke come back home, team 7 can be back together again.

Love- Kakashi.

I smiled and folded up the note.

.....

A loud scream interrupted my shower. I wrapped a towel around my body and pushed the door open.

"What the hell?!"

"There was someone in your room!" Naruto said. "Then, he disappeared!"

I sighed. "That was my partner."

"Oh," Naruto mumbled. "I didn't know someone else was here."

"That was the point. What are you doing in my room anyway?"

"Well- I- uh," Naruto rubbed the back of his neck. "That doesn't matter! Just hurry up!" Naruto said before he walked down the stairs. I sighed and walked into my room. Obito appeared from his whirly jutsu on my bed.

"Sorry," he said.

I shrugged. "He'd find out about you eventually."

"Have you told him about me?"

I nodded. "Yea, he knows who you are. His head is gonna explode when I tell him you're still alive."

"How about, we don't tell him yet?"