chapter 19

"I see," Itachi muttered. "So, what's your plan."

"You're the smartest guy I know," I said. "If anyone can help us, it's you, Itachi. One last heroic act before," I paused.

"I understand," he said. "Didn't your sensei teach you sealing jutsu?"

I nodded. "The reaper death seal and a few others," I said. "But, I'd need ALL the Zetsu, including black Zetsu, in one place to do that." I sighed. "I don't know what to do, Itachi. I want this to be done with quickly, so Naruto will be safe."

"Well, what is he doing?"

"Talking to Pain. He's supposed to be halting the plans of that Akatsuki without Zetsu finding out. It's hard to hide things from someone that can literally appear out of nowhere."

"Well, you can sense him when he gets close."

"Yeah, but Obito can't. Who knows what would happen if he found out."

"Relax," Itachi said. "You just want a fast solution, right? We'll come up with something, and when the time comes, we can stop him."

I sighed. "You're right. I can't do anything if I'm always freaking out and worrying about Naruto. All I need is to get a good look at Zetsu one last time, then I'll be able to find a good way to stop him, but he'll be on defense, so I doubt that'll happen soon." I laced my fingers together and stared down at the water below Itachi and I.

"So," I said. "You really want Sasuke to," I paused.

"I deserve it," Itachi said.

"Well, if it means anything, I think you're a good person, Itachi. A hero to the leaf, even if no one else recognizes it."

There was a moment of silence. "Thank you, ____," he finally said. I smiled and put my hand on top of his. "Also, don't worry. Naruto and I will look after Sasuke, even after you're gone."

"You have no idea how comforting that is," Itachi said.

I smiled. "It's the least I can do. You and Sasuke are like the brothers I've never had."

~~~~~~~~

"So?"

"So?"

"What did Pain say?"

"The goal of the Akatsuki will soon change, so we can defeat Zetsu."

I sighed and leaned against Obito. "This is not what I imagined would be happening to me when I first decided to join."

"Well, what did you imagine?"

"Joining. Doing some killing and jinchuriki hunting, and possibly killing the entire Akatsuki if they didn't stay away from Naruto."

Obito chuckled. "You think you could've fought us all?"

"Yes."

"You're serious?"

"Dead serious."

Obito chuckled. "You wouldn't be able to."

I scoffed. "I think you're underestimating me."

"Maybe you're underestimating us."

"Definitely not," I said with a sigh.

"On a much more annoying note, we need a plan."

"I think Gaara's sand prison could be useful, but I don't want anyone to get involved and get hurt."

"We shouldn't try to do this on our own, that's partially how I got into this mess."

I chuckled. "Right. So, I guess we need a way to get all the Zetsu in one place, so Garaa can seal them away."

"I know where their," Obito paused. "Base is, so to speak."

"That.... helps a lot. We've just gotta execute our plan."

"You make it sound a lot easier than it actually is."

"Yeah, we're probably gonna die," I said nonchalantly while stretching. "But, anything for Naruto, and the rest of the world I guess."

Obito looked completely flabberghasted. "I-.. I don't know what to say."

"Well, get it through your head. We could defietly die."

"I won't let you die."

I smiled. "No need to get so worked up. It's just a possibility."

"No! It's not. You can't!"

"Relax, Obito. I'm just teasing."

I wasn't teasing.

Damn it's been a long ass time since I updated. I gotta get my ideas flowing again.

Also, I made a discord! For Otakus.. people that like fanfic.. manhwa... etc. Join! The link is on my profile... in my messages/activity or something.