Chapter 13

"Obito!" You yelled before you sat up. For a moment, Tobi's heart sank. He felt so bad, that you're still hurting because of him. Well, he knew that you were hurting, but... this bad? So bad that you have nightmares, cry, and call out his name in your sleep?

"__-____? Why are you crying?" Tobi asked.

You froze. "Uh- Tobi. Don't worry about me, it was just a shitty dream." Tobi frowned under his mask.

"But you're crying," Tobi said before he reached over and wiped your tears.

"It's fine. I shouldn't have gone to sleep. Just go back to sleep."

Tobi shook his head and pulled your arm. "C'mon. Snuggle with Tobi, that will make you feel better."

"Alright," You mumbled.

Tobi held you in his arms and listened to your breathing. He felt so... calm, with you in his arms. Once he thought you were asleep, he closed his eyes and started to relax. Tobi took a deep breath behind his mask. Usually, he would take it off while you were asleep so he could breathe, but he didn't. After a while, he felt you move.

He kept his eyes closed, just in case you looked at him and saw he wasn't asleep. He heard you move around until he felt his mask slip off. Tobi immediately sat up and opened his eyes, his one Sharingan flashing in panic, but when he saw you, he calmed.

His heart skipped a beat when he saw you. Your headband covered your face, and it was obvious that you had your eyes squeezed closed. It took everything in him not to chuckle. You looked so cute that way, plus, you were going out of your way to make sure you didn't see his face.

Tobi laid back down.

"Tobi?" you whispered. Tobi didn't respond out of curiosity for your next move. He watched your headband slip off, but you kept your eyes squeezed shut. Tobi smiled at you. Deep down, a small amount of fear ran through his core. What if you opened your eyes and saw his face? If you knew who he was, you'd hate him... right? Tobi tensed as your hands trailed over his body.

'What the hell?' he thought. Once you pushed him over, in a bad attempt to roll him over, he turned over himself. After he did, he felt your hands on him again, then he felt the other side of the bed sink in.

He peeked over at you and smiled when he saw you laying the other way. 'I guess this is that respect she was talking about' he thought as he stared at your now sleeping form. He caressed your hair as he watched you sleep. "Same old ___," he mumbled. "Except," he paused. "I'm sorry- you're hurting because of me. It's all my fault," he mumbled sadly. Part of him wanted to reveal himself to you, but a big part of him was scared.

What if you hated him? What if you never wanted to see him again? What if seeing him again hurt you more? What if you turned him into the leaf? .... But, what if that doesn't happen? A different part of him was sure that you would feel better if you knew. That he could do anything with you by his side.

He knew that eventually, he would have to reveal himself. Maybe if you did it now, it would hurt less? Maybe if he knew everything, you would side with him.

Maybe you wouldn't.

Decisions, decisions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"____-Chan! Wakey wakey!" I woke up to the sound of Tobi's voice. I slowly opened my eyes, only to be met with orange.

"Tobi brought you breakfast!" Tobi exclaimed. I smiled and sat up. "Really?"

Tobi nodded before he ran out of the room and pushed a cart of food into the room. "Tadaa!" He exclaimed. "We have pancakes, fruits, and dangos!"

I chuckled. "Dangos for breakfast?"

"Yup!"

I giggled. "Thank you, Tobi. You're so sweet."

After we ate, Tobi laid his head on my lap. I played with his hair and he sighed. "I ate too many dangos."

"I told you."

There was a moment of silence. "Can you close your eyes?" I paused for a moment before doing so. Tobi moved around for a minute before he laid on my lap again. "You can open them."

I opened my eyes and looked down at him. His mask was off and he had a pillowcase draped over his face. I chuckled.

"___?"

"Yes, Tobi?"

He was silent for a moment. "Can you tell Tobi about Obito?"

I froze. "Uh-"

"You screamed his name before you woke up," Tobi said. "Is he important to you, or someone scary?"

I chuckled. "No, he isn't scary."

"But you were crying."

"Sometimes, I dream about him, and It makes me sad."

"Why?"

"Because," I paused. "I really cared about him and he died."

Tobi was quiet for a moment. "Can you tell Tobi about him?"

I sighed. "Obito was the sweetest, kindest person I've ever met, and," I paused for a moment. "I loved him, a lot."

Tobi was silent, so I kept talking. "He was always late," I said with a small chuckle. "But he had good reasons. He's kind of like.... someone I care about now. My little brother, so to speak. Anyways, Uh- Obito died before I could tell him how I felt."

"Why didn't you tell him before?"

"He was in love with someone else. I knew I didn't have a chance, so I never said anything."

Tobi poked me. "Tobi thinks he was blind because you're so pretty, ___-chan. Every guy should love you!"

I giggled. "Thanks, but looks dont really mean anything. He just didn't like me that way I guess."

"How did he die?"

"Uhm-" I sighed and looked down at Tobi. "He saved my friend from being crushed by a boulder on a mission, and he ended up getting crushed. I-I tried to save him, but I wasn't strong enough."

"Tobi thinks you're strong now."

"Thanks, Tobi."

Tobi was silent for a moment. "What if Obito is still alive?"

I chuckled dryly and blinked away the tears that welled up in my eyes. "I doubt that. I used to think that- pray that somehow he was still alive and would come back to me-" I paused. "So he would come and kill this loneliness inside me, but it never happened."

"Did you ever get better?"

"A little. I... reconnected with someone, who's like a little brother to me. It took like 12 years, but I finally went on my first date."

"Is that brother the nine tails? Is that why you wanna protect him?"

I nodded. "I have to protect him, I can't lose someone else, so I made sacrifices. As long as he's safe, I'm happy."

There was a moment of silence. "Close your eyes again?" Tobi said. I closed my eyes. "They're closed." Tobi got up. There was moving for a moment.

"Keep your eyes closed."

I nodded. Suddenly, I felt lips press against mine. They were soft, but half of his lips felt... different compared to the other. I tensed. After a moment, Tobi pulled away. "Tobi is sorry that you had to be so sad. Maybe he can make you feel better?"

I smiled. "You already did, Tobi."

"Deidara- Senpai said that kisses make things better! Did the kiss make you better?"

"You being here made me feel better. Thank you Tobi."