ARC 8 Re : Covenantor

Chapter 237: Back To That Key Moment ⑦

TL: Resonance

During their first week in Linde Town, Shang Ke and Lu Xiufan moved about various hotels and special homestays, collected more than a dozen sets of commemorative dynamic postcards and took hundreds of photos, leaving their footprints everywhere.

Lu Xiufan was increasing the treasures in their “treasure chest” little by little, trying his best not to have any regrets in his life.

The two of them went hand in hand to a scenic area along the river which has many idle artists, such as singers, painters, and sculptors gathered, as well as many old people who gathered in groups to play chess and chat.

After looking around for a while, Shang Ke suddenly said to Lu Xiufan, “Let’s have a match, shall we?”

“A match? On what?”

Shang Ke took a few quick steps and stood in the middle of the square, spreading his hands out as if he were showing the world: “Let’s see who can be the most dazzling person here today.”

Lu Xiufan gazed at him deeply. In his eyes, there was no one more dazzling than him.

“Okay.” It didn’t matter whether he won or lost, he just wanted to be happy.

Lu Xiufan was from an aristocratic family, and had the majestic air of a superior. He was the focus of attention wherever he went. In order to conceal his overly fierce aura, Shang Ke deliberately matched him with a pair of glasses and let him change into a set of casual clothes. After the makeover, Shang Ke only had one word – ‘impactful’.

Some people are not easy to restyle by nature and those in the entertainment circle can only make use of their face to pretend. Shang Ke will never admit that he is just bad at restyling someone or that he was deliberately trying to retain his scum aura.

The makeover wasn’t very successful, but at least it no longer makes people retreat at first glance.

Lu Xiufan stood among a group of chess friends, and his tall and upright figure instantly added some murderous vibe to the atmosphere.  Even the opposing sides felt external pressure. It was just a round of chess, yet they felt the pressure of an army.

After watching a few games, Lu Xiufan directly took out a limited edition commemorative gold coin to challenge the “Chess King” of this place. The economic value of the gold coin was only around ten thousand yuan, but the coin was very rare and a great collectible.

When the “Chess King”’ saw the coin, he readily accepted Lu Xiufan’s challenge.

The two were well matched in strength, and they played a lot of excellent moves, which was very enjoyable to watch for the chess players around them.

In the middle of the game, Lu Xiufan habitually looked up towards where Shang Ke was standing just now, but found that he was gone. His heart grew anxious and he quickly stood up, causing the people to retreat backwards in shock.

Lu Xiufan’s eyes quickly swept around. Although he had arranged for guards to protect Shang Ke in secret, his heart would not be at ease if he could not see his figure.

At this moment, the melodious sound of Suoqin (an instrument similar to a saxophone) suddenly came from not far away, its pleasant rhythm slowly drifting into Lu Xiufan’s ears.

He looked towards the source of the sound. Under a sculpture in the square, Shang Ke was holding a Suoqin and playing it intently. The white sculpture, the falling leaves, the golden instrument, and the elegant player… formed a beautiful picture.