ARC 15 : DEATH CYCLE

Chapter 220: Death Cycle (XVIII)

Shang Ke chose the path of “being killed” from the very beginning, but he had not planned to do it so soon. He would first spend one or two years with his man, then one or two years to accumulate hatred, and finally one or two years of lover-enemy status to accomplish his goal step by step.

However, the reality always doesn’t give him any room to wiggle. Under the impact of the spirit power, Shang Ke reacted instinctively. In the depths of his consciousness, sacrificing for his lover had become a kind of reflex, but he did not feel great about this “sacrifice”, as it would bring harm to his loved one instead.

But what he didn’t expect was that this “sacrifice” was a real sacrifice. The moment he lost consciousness, his time stopped. There was no “mission accomplished” prompt, no return to the system space, his soul was completely lost in the endless darkness, unconscious and senseless…

Zuo Xian staggered to the spot where Huo Xuan disappeared, and found that the corpse on the ground was not the zombie king Di Kui. Although the body shape was similar, the features were distorted, the muscles were atrophied, as if they had been crushed by something heavy, and the bones in the body were all broken.

It was neither Di Kui nor Huo Xuan, so it was most likely the general-level zombie that was good at spatial abilities. The surrounding few kilometers became an empty-zone, and besides them, no other living person or zombie could get close.

Then, where did Di Kui, Huo Xuan and Shang Ke go?

Zuo Xian looked at the sky and had a feeling in his heart that they might never come back…

Di Kui held Shang Ke and walked aimlessly in the deserted city in a trance-like state, with countless scattered scenes and memories constantly flashing in his brain.

When passing a truck, the figure reflected in the glass mirror was not Di Kui, but Huo Xuan. But Di Kui didn’t notice and just kept walking forward.

Before the sun set, he found a reasonably comfortable resting place, put Shang Ke carefully down, and then stayed aside, waiting patiently for him to come back to life.

He couldn’t remember much of what happened in the dark space, except that when Shang Ke was dying, he used his hand to break open Huo Xuan’s chest and squeeze his heart. Huo Xuan’s sword blade also wringed his arm into pieces.

When Di Kui looked down at his arm, he found that it was intact, but his chest was aching as if it was empty, and he couldn’t feel his heartbeat at all.

Di Kui only wondered about it for a moment before disregarding it. The only thing he cared about was when Shang Ke would be resurrected.

According to past experience, Shang Ke’s longest revival time is 24 hours, and he will wake up tomorrow at dusk at the latest.

From night to dawn, from dawn to sunset, Di Kui watched as Shang Ke’s blood dried, his flesh stiffened, and his wounds showed no signs of healing. He was just like a real dead body, still and silent.

Di Kui thought, this time the resurrection may take a little longer. Wait a little longer, he will definitely wake up.

Like a stone sculpture, Di Kui sat on the edge of the bed and focused on the person on the bed. Day after day, month after month, until the corpse decayed and dust piled up, he still waited.

Three months later, a group of mercenaries hid in the abandoned city from zombies hunting them. In the heat of battle, one of the mercenaries was knocked away, and knocked against a wall before rolling into a room. When he rose from the rubble, he found that there was a man in the room. He sat cross-legged on the edge of the bed and gazed intently at the… bones on the bed.