ARC 16 : THIS LIFE~THE BEGINNING

Chapter 270: This Life—The Beginning (XI)

TL: Rosy

Shang Ke changed into a new clothes, tidied himself up, and instantly changed from a poor wandering artist to a capable young man.

After determining his heroic death goal, he relaxed and was no longer as cautious or worried as before. He was a man who would conquer death, so why should he be afraid to fight against the world?

“Let’s go, Qi Chen, we’re going home.” Shang Ke gave his guitar to a child. He was dressed simply walked in a relaxed manner, followed by Qi Chen, who had recovered his memory and gained a system. Qi Chen shouldn’t know that he had retained the memory of his previous life, and Shang Ke naturally wouldn’t reveal it.

Whether it was his former junior brother Wu Du, or the current childhood friend Qi Chen, Shang Ke could not say he hated them, but the affections of the past were no longer there. Perhaps Wu Du loved him, but his love was mixed with too much unresignment and jealous hate, just like a peeved child unable to score a victory.

“Keke, what are you laughing at?” Qi Chen looked at him in confusion.

“I’m laughing at you for wearing your underwear outside.”

“What? I didn’t! I didn’t wear underwear at all today!”

“……”

Wei Xun followed the clues to G City, searching during the whole journey. He found the same robot markings separately in the back alleys of bars, ruins, construction sites, and other places throughout every block of the small town. Wei Xun asked all around but found no sign that KeKe had worked in those places, until he saw the line of words on the cart of an old scrap collector: 【The feeling of not bathing for five days is like making pickled vegetables— air dried, soaked, and then waiting to slowly ferment. 7/15/2020】 → SangWei Town。

“Oh, Sweet Boy.” The old scrap collector saw the photo that Wei Xun took out, laughed, and said, “I really like him. He stayed by my side for around ten days.”

“Stayed by your side for around ten days?” Wei Xun looked at the old scrap collector in front of him with messy hair, tattered clothes, and a smelly body. His heart couldn’t help but tighten. No wonder why Keke’s footprints were practically all over the small city but he still couldn’t get any news about him. It was because no one would pay attention to a downtrodden lowly scrap collector.

That’s right. Keke didn’t have his ID card. What else could he do besides picking up garbage?

Wei Xun went to the scrap collector’s residence to take a look. It was an abandoned warehouse, leaking wind on all sides, with dim lighting. The floor was piled up with various bottles and cans. The only thing that looked pleasing was the two mattresses at the corner. Even though they were handsewn, the tailoring and design were both carefully made, and they were clearly incompatible with the surroundings here.

“Oh, you’re talking about this?” The old scrap collector laughed and replied, “Sweet Boy made it. He said the former bed was too damp, and it’s bad for the body to sleep there for so long, so he made two new ones from scratch. I have to say it. His hands are so skillful. If he applies as a tailor, there will definitely be many masters rushing to get him…”

Wei Xun didn’t continue listening to the old man’s chatter. He gazed deeply at that bed that Shang Ke slept in. The image of Shang Ke, sitting in the corner of this dark warehouse, sewing a mattress appeared in his mind. Thriving in adversity, he still didn’t forget to make life more comfortable even under limited circumstances.