ARC 1 Re : I Only Need 72 Hours To Fall In Love With You

Chapter 224: Back To That Key Moment ⑤

TL: Resonance

A heavily armed motorcade arrived mightily at the cemetery, followed by many people who came to observe the ceremony. As Shang Ke wasn’t fated to live long in his last life, he didn’t pay much attention to the details of the memorial service. But now that he was experiencing it again, he felt something else.

The cemetery had been deserted during the reign of Cruise, and there were countless skeletons of their ancestors buried underground, most of which had only tombstones but no names. The first thing Ravel did after establishing the empire was to have the cemetery rebuilt as a resting place for all the heroes and named it “Faith and Bravery”.

The people came to the cemetery, and under the lead of Ravel, they worshipped in accordance with the procedure, with absolutely silent without any voices and no mournful music. The whole place was solemn.

Shang Ke stood upright behind Ravel, observing the ceremony while vigilantly paying attention to the situation around him.

The ceremony lasted for more than three hours, and finally, as the son of Utretch, the revolutionary martyr, Shang Ke personally put a wreath for his “father”.

“Is that the son of General Utretch?” Someone whispered, “It doesn’t look like he has been tortured at all, doesn’t he look healthy?”

“Healthy? Are you kidding me? When he was carried out of the torture room by His Majesty Ravel that day, his limbs were broken and bones were shattered, not one part of his skin was intact, and he had dozens of drugs injected into his body. It can be said that he was tortured beyond recognition. At that time, almost no one thought he could still survive. In the end, he managed to pull through.” His words were full of admiration.

“I heard that he had a brother who tried to poison him while he was in a critical condition. Fortunately, His Majesty Ravel found out in time and stopped him. But even so, it caused him to be in a coma for more than two months.”

“I know about this. I was also there during the trial. The assailant was General Utretch’s adopted son. He poisoned his brother for the sake of fame and fortune. He’s simply crazy.”

“Fortunately, Cage was blessed with a good life, and his suffering has now come to an end.”

“I know right…”

Whispers echoed through the crowd, and most people sincerely wished for Shang Ke to be well.

The ceremony ended smoothly and no accident happened halfway through. It wasn’t until Ravel got in the car, ready to return to the palace when the lieutenant reported, “We caught a dangerous man carrying Ice Devil. He has been put under custody and we are waiting for further instructions.”

“Ice Devil?” Ravel’s eyes flashed with a hint of surprise.

“Yes. Fortunately, your majesty has reminded us in advance to add in the additional security checks, otherwise the consequences would have been disastrous if he had gotten in.” The lieutenant felt a lingering fear.

Ravel was silent. The figure of that person came to mind and his eyes turned gentler.

Shang Ke, who was in the other car, didn’t know that he had already helped Ravel avert a crisis. He only felt strange that it went so smoothly this time, so smoothly that he doubted his life a little. But since nothing happened, he didn’t want to feel too troubled himself.