ARC 10 Re : Sentinel & Guide

Chapter 243: Back To That Key Moment ⑧

TL: Resonance

Leo quickly checked the situation of people around him. After determining that they weren’t under immediate danger, he immediately rang the alarm. While waiting for the rescue team, Leo began to recall everything that had just happened.

Spiritual scene simulation requires entering a state of emptiness and building one’s own spiritual domain. One had to shield outside interference as much as possible, so Leo didn’t immediately notice the abnormality. It was only when his brain sent a danger signal that he noticed something was wrong. The whole process only took a few dozen seconds and there was no time for him to react at all.

Leo felt some déjà vu seeing the scene in front of him. He thought for a moment and a thought suddenly flashed in his mind. A vague memory gradually emerged. Before his rebirth, his elementary school did face a terrorist attack. Back then, he fell into a coma along with the other children and was cured a few days later. That attack resulted in the death of three children and fifteen children lost their chance to evolve.

Leo was too young that time, and his memory of the incident came from the news reports that followed. Now history was repeating itself again, and he was not aware of it beforehand. The only difference was that he was not affected this time.

The same time, the same place, the same training subjects, why was he able to avoid it this time?

A thought came to Leo’s mind  and he looked down at the jade pendant hanging around his neck. If we talk about variables, it was only this piece of jade pendant carved by his mother. It originally should not exist.

Just as he was thinking about it, there was a flurry of footsteps at the end of the hallway and rescue workers arrived.

Leo warned them before they rushed into the training room, “It should be a spiritual poision gas attack, you’d better put on your gas masks and not use the spiritual scans.”

As soon as the words left his mouth, he saw several rescuers suddenly fall to the ground unconscious. They were the sentinels in charge of the scouting, and they would scan the surroundings before they acted. As a result, their spiritual power was eroded by the still dissipating poison gas, and they instantly fell unconscious.

The person in charge’s face turned green, quickly readjusted the action plan and redeployed the rescue team.

When Shang Ke arrived, Leo was sitting by the ambulance and being examined by the doctor.

“Leo, are you okay?” Shang Ke squatted in front of Leo and used his spiritual power to check his condition.

“I’m fine, don’t worry mother.” Leo held his mother’s hand, silently reassuring.

“I heard it was a poison gas attack?”

“Yes.”

A cold glint flashed in Shang Ke’s eyes and he said angrily, “These bastards, they are shameless enough to act against children!”

The anti-government union was a terrorist organization established by ordinary people, taking in many elites. They treated all sentinels and guides as enemies, fearing that these evolved people would exterminate them all in the future. They possess an extreme and unreasonable sense of crisis. For centuries, they have been committed to working against the government which is ruled by the evolved people.

As evolved people became more and more powerful, their methods became more and more brutal. It was unknown how many innocent people have become their victims, and this time even children are not spared.