ARC 16 : THIS LIFE~THE BEGINNING

Chapter 268: This Life—The Beginning (IX)

TL: Resonance

Shang Ke (one-sidedly) and Wei Xun entered a cold war, and it was a very cold one. It only took him half a day to change all the security systems and passwords of the building, and he even upgraded the system. Even with a key, one could not get in. The reason why Shang Ke agreed to move in so simply back then is because of the tight security system here.

When Wei Xun was blocked by the great technology for the first time, one could imagine how frustrated he had felt. At the same time, he also realized that he can no longer happily break in, in the future.

Although the two are in partnership, Shang Ke is mainly responsible for the technological aspect. The first stage of construction had no need for him to participate.

“Mr. Shang, the ingredients you ordered have arrived.” The voice of the security guard came from the communicator.

The courtyard door opened, and the delivery man walked through the small garden familiarly. He placed the ingredients at the door and left.

A moment later, Shang Ke came out of the house and carried the things at the door in.

A tall figure leaned in the shadow behind the curtain, silently watching Shang Ke’s figure disappear behind the door. Ever since that day, Shang Ke has been avoiding him for more than ten days in a row. He did not answer his phone nor reply to his messages. Other than communicating regarding their work, they had no other contacts. He stays at home alone to do research, and all his daily needs rely on online shopping. The time Shang Ke left the house is always the same as the time he went out.

“I heard that your family has arranged another blind date for you?” In the room, a phoenix-eyed man sat gracefully on the sofa and said to Wei Xun with a smile, “The other party seems to be the daughter from the Wang family?”

“Yeah.” Wei Xun walked over to the sofa and sat down, picked up the red wine on the coffee table and poured himself half a glass.

“I’ve met that Miss Wang before. She’s pretty and plays the piano well. She has a good personality too, so she’s a good match for you.”

“Since when did you change your job to become a matchmaker?” Wei Xun’s brows didn’t even move as he tasted the wine.

Ji Mingzhe extended his hand “I didn’t have a choice. I was asked by your mother to convince you to spend some time with Miss Wang.”

Wei Xun could not remember what that Miss Wang looked like at all. Except for Shang Ke, everyone else’s face looked as indistinguishable as unshaped dough to him, and this best friend he had known for more than ten years was no exception.

Wei Xun’s facial blindness is not natural, but an aftereffect of an accident, which is why he had to leave the army. It’s just that he did not reveal too many flaws usually, so apart from his personal doctor and a few personal bodyguards, even his parents don’t know the inside story.

When Ji Mingzhe saw that he was unmoved, he continued “Wei Xun, none of us are people who believe in the so-called true love. There is nothing wrong with choosing a woman you are comfortable with to marry at the right age. You’re 34 this year, how long do you plan to delay?”

True love. Indeed, Wei Xun does not believe in it. However, he has already found a person he wants to drag to the bed all the time. The moment the thought came to his mind, the person’s tantalizing appearance under his body immediately came to mind, and his eyes unconsciously darkened a little.