ARC 16 : THIS LIFE~THE BEGINNING

Chapter 261: This Life—The Beginning (II)

TL: Resonance

When Shang Ke was rehabilitating, he took the chance to ask Qi Chen a lot of things about Wei Xun, and the results made him a little dumbfounded.

Wei Xun’s grandfather is the current Chairman of Military Commision, his father is Commander of the Military Region of J Province, his mother is the Deputy Minister of Culture, his younger brother is an academician of the National Academy of Science and Technology, his younger sister is a internationally renowned journalist stationed abroad, and his other relatives were all powerful figures as well and could be considered the number one bloodline in the capital.

Wei Xun himself was originally a special force instructor, but retired early because of an accident. He rejected his family arrangement, gathered a group of veterans to start a company, and resolutely embarked on the route of a cheat like tycoon. He had such a dazzling family background. If they were to be friends, he would be a golden thigh thicker than an elephant’s waist; but if they were to be lovers, it would be a national level devastating catastrophe.

In the country he was in, same-sex marriage was still not recognised. Most gay people eventually choose to marry and have children under the pressure of the world. This was already the case with ordinary people, let alone the Wei family with military and political background.

Shang Ke’s abduction plan was aborted because of Wei Xun’s identity. He can choose not to care for his side, but can not disregard Wei Xun’s reputation and situation. In addition, he is now just an ordinary man living under someone’s support and had no strength to face the Wei family. So be it, let’s be brothers first then. Shang Ke has long passed the hot-blooded stage of love where he would love even if the world collapses, his body is destroyed or he becomes enemies with the world. Being like brothers and having a harmonious friendship seems pretty good too. Before he found a relatively safe position to come out of the closet at the very least, he would maintain a pure male-male relationship for the time being. Of course, if someone is forced to get married, then don’t blame him for going destructive.

Speaking of which, Wei Xun doesn’t seem to look young anymore. Was he 32 or 35?

He did his rehabilitation while thinking about the future, and before he knew it, it was time to leave the hospital.

Shang Ke recovered very well. Other than not being able to race, bungee jump or do stunts, he looked sunny and healthy like a flower boy who had too much nutrition.

When Qi Chen picked him up from the hospital, he also took a trip to the supermarket and bought many ingredients. Shang Ke could originally cook, and after getting the system’s skill upgrade, his cooking became more exquisite and skillful and had a variety of patterns.

Shang Ke’s current house is newly rented by Qi Chen for him. It has two rooms and one living room, and is 90 square meters. It’s located in the downtown area with convenient transportation. The location is very good. Originally, Qi Chen wanted to take Shang Ke home, but his home is too far from the city. It wasn’t convenient for Shang Ke who was ready to find work in the city and had no means of transportation.

Qi Chen often does not go home as well. With Shang Ke renting a house in the city, it is just convenient for him to live. With his relationship with Shang Ke, almost everything else can be shared except for women and underwear.

In fact, if Shang Ke doesn’t mind, Qi Chen felt that women can actually also be shared…
(Shang Ke : He’s so scum it’s unsavable!)

“Wow, it’s so delicious!” Qi Chen took the sweet and sour pork from the plate, with a satisfied face that was so full of happiness.