ARC 16 : THIS LIFE~THE BEGINNING

Chapter 260: This Life—The Beginning (I)

TL: Resonance

【All second chances are completed. The mission is over and the host will return to the real world in five minutes.】

Shang Ke had just finished a happy life with Wen Jingrong, but before he had time to feel sentimental and nostalgic, he heard the system’s prompt message.

“Wait, return to the real world?” Shang Ke hurriedly said, “Isn’t there still the world of Juan Juan and Saya?”

【The world which you have failed the mission would disappear forever and there is no chance to go back; For the world of the gods, because of the law of that world, you cannot return a second time.】

“Disappear?” Shang Ke’s heart tightened, “What does disappearing mean?”

【If the mission succeeded, the world is archived; if the mission fails, the world is deleted. In other words, that world is no longer under the control of the system, unless the host has the opportunity to be born into that world in the future so that the system can integrate with the time laws of that world again.】

Shang Ke pondered for a moment and said, “What you mean is that, the world that Feng Juan was in didn’t really disappear, but became independent?”

【It can be understood that way.】

“As long as I can find that world, I have a chance to go back?”

【That’s theoretically correct.】

Shang Ke calmed down a little. Although the hope was slim, it was not impossible. As long as the imprint of time and space is still there, they will eventually meet one day.

It’s just that the mission is already over…

“Will I… still be able to see him?”

【As long as the system still exist.】

Shang Ke’s eyes moved slightly as if he wanted to say something, but he did not say anything ultimately.

【Dear Host, the transfer is about to begin. Are you ready to return to the present world?】

Shang Ke took a deep breath: “Let’s start.”

 MyQNote :

Quick Reminder

the world in which Shang Ke mention is ARC 4_Let Me Protect You & ARC 9_Becoming Your God

Now.......Lets Begin~~~~~

……................

China’s A city hospital.

A patient who had been in a coma for more than nine months miraculously woke up. After a series of tests, it was determined that all physiological functions were normal and that he could be discharged after rehabilitation.

“My Ke, you’re finally awake!” A young man walked into the ward with an enormous bouquet of red roses, smiling at Shang Ke who was leaning on the pillow and reading a book.

Shang Ke looked up towards him, and his brilliant eyes caused the young man’s heart to move. For a person who has been in a coma for more than nine months, shouldn’t he look gloomy with a pair of dull eyes, thin body and lacking energy? Why does he seem to look even more radiant than before?!

“… Qi Chen?” Shang Ke stared at him fixedly.

“Of course it’s me. Who would come to see you immediately other than me who is your best friend?” Qi Chen placed the rose on the bedside cabinet.